Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business issues.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I am a self employed roof tiler, I constructed a website and I am doing ok.

Early on I created a google plus page for the business and for a while I sat near to the top of the local listings section of google search results for my town.

One day I had a problem when another instance of my business appeared on google maps, I contacted google and somebody phoned me back and merged the two instances.

Since this time my google plus page has become next to useless.

None of my competitors have added anything to their google plus page, although my page is far from perfectly optimised I have added photo`s and a few bits and I also have 4, 5 star google reviews and 30,000 views, which is more than my competitors.

It seems that my google plus page is broken in some way, I cannot get it back into the active listings and this has happened since the merging of the two instances.

I have contacted google and they have told me that I should continue to improve the page, I have done this but seen no effect and this is over a year later.

I have also noticed that when I log into google my business it tells me that 1 or more of my busineses are un verified. This is the only page that I have and it is marked as verified but still the un verified warning persists when I log in.

This problems is really frustrating me to the point of considering cancelling the page and starting again. If anybody can help me to get to the bottom of this proiblem I would betruly, very, very grateful. Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Google My Business issues.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Ashton S

Searching for

"roofing contractor Chelmsford Essex"

I get this on my Android device:

Screenshot_2015-12-06-20-11-58.png

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ashton, it's fairly common for odd or undesirable things to happen when Google merges two pages together. It's not a perfect system and I feel your pain. Could you please provide the URL of the live page so we can take a look?

I would also like to see a couple screenshots of your dashboard showing the verified listing and the unverified listing message.

Thanks
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Colan and thank you for your reply,
The url in question is :https://plus.google.com/+RooftilerCoUk.

I have been reading through the threads on here and realised that I may be listed in some directories under a different address, maybe this is having an effect. I am going through them to amend any mistakes.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I seem currently unable to upload the screenshots, get an error with the html message...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Ashton S & @Colan

I get Ashtons business top ranked and with a knowledge graph if searching for "roofing contractor Chelmsford Essex"  on my Android - actually staying in Belgium

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the reply.
Is that top ranked in the local part of the search results, with the map? Sorry I don`t know the correct term.

I do rank page one in the search results, but I am struggling to effect the my "business/local/google plus part if that makes sense.

Thank you again for your reply.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Ashton S

Searching for

"roofing contractor Chelmsford Essex"

I get this on my Android device:

Screenshot_2015-12-06-20-11-58.png