Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business for Real Estate Agents

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am working on verifying Google local listings for 8 office locations for a Real Estate company. The issue is that each of the 8 offices has 20+ agents, and many of them have local listings for themselves at the same address as the office location. So, it seems every time an agent verifies their listing, the main corporate listing becomes unverified and I have to go through the motions all over again.

Google stated that the solution for this very situation is to remove the brand name from each individual agents local listing here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en. 

However, I'm being told that an affiliated Real Estate agent (in illinois) by law must disclose their branded affiliation in any advertising, including phone book listings. Can anyone shed any light or expertise on the correct solution here?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business for Real Estate Agents

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Aaron L

can you please quote us the law of IL requesting this?

If so I have a chance to escalate this law as preventing people in IL to apply  Googles guidelines quoting them below as 

"Multiple practitioners at one location

If the practitioner is one of several public-facing practitioners at this location:

• The organization should create a page for this location, separate from that of the practitioner.
  • The title of the page for the practitioner should include only the name of the practitioner, and shouldn’t include the name of the organization."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

I'll preface by saying I'm an SEO and not a Real Estate pro or an attorney. And I suppose this isn't necessarily law but real estate license regulation. Here is where the IL Real Estate Act may be an issue: Section 10-30 (e) (http://www.illinoisrealtor.org/sites/illinoisrealtor.org/files/licenselaw/RELA2000_PA96-856.pdf)

I guess my questions then is if there is a better way to differentiate the GMB listings between parent company and individual agent in this case of multiple practitioners at a single location - a solution that might also adhere to the real estate regulation. 

Thanks so much in advance for your help and insight!

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi @Aaron L,

@Helmut Geissler asked me to jump into this thread with the official response on the Google side. Google My Business complies with these regulations, as is made clear in the guidelines and supporting documents. We believe this is true whether or not the business owner has claimed their GMB listing. However, it is up to business owners to ensure that they comply with the guidelines when using individual features of GMB - for example listing the firm name being included in the description field.

Thanks,
Liz

GMB Community Manager 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aaron L
May 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @ElizabethP @Helmut Geissler for taking the time to respond. I guess I'll have to accept that very ambiguous non-answer for now:)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Elizabeth,

I am running into a current issue myself. I am a local realtor with my own team in the state of Texas. However I have structured my GMB name as: The Lucido Team, Keller Williams Real Estate. And now it appears that tech support from Google is requesting me to remove the phrase "Keller Williams Real Estate" from the name. Also to clarify, my office is a large suite comprised of multiple teams ( structured by their own LLC's) and we all have the same address. However their are 2 problems with this current request. 1, Every realtor has to publicly represent his or her broker on any marketing or advertising. 2, Other real estate teams have their teams publicized on google stating the phrase" Keller Williams Real Estate" and are verified and also active on google.

Why is GMB not having an equal opportunity or unity for that matter regarding the structure of the name of a real estate business?

Why would GMB request for me to remove my broker from the name, when we all have legal internal documents from the state , verifying our broker represents our team.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This older "Solved" thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

When you post, please be sure to include the following information as well:

1. Full business name 

2. Current business address 

3. Current telephone number 

4. Google+ URL 

Thank you.