AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business automatic email choice?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just setup my GMB listing for my company, BK Craft Forestry LLC, and I was using Chrome when I did so.

Google somehow managed to choose an email address without asking my permission to do so, and now I have a listing associated with an account that I do not have long-term access to. It will not let me change the email used to setup and identify the account. Should I just treat it like a false ownership claim and try to start over? I didn't even want a freaking GMB listing. I just set it up because I wanted to prevent someone else from doing so. I am not a truly client-facing retail business, and all of my referrals are by word-of-mouth anyway. It's frustrating that in this case Google seems to have made the whole process much more frustrating because I have multiple accounts and use Chrome. It would be a lot smarter to reward loyalty rather than punish it. uggggh
And NO, I will not put all of the above info because I didn't even put all of it on my listing for privacy reasons. 

Google My Business automatic email choice?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Brandon C - You can add in a new manager/owner (the correct email address) and then remove yourself. Details here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3403100?hl=en

Re: Google My Business automatic email choice?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome! Thanks for the reply