AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Page Hacked and Changed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.... Someone has recently changed our Google My Business Page and denied our access to the page (StillWater Spirits and Sounds in Dana Point, CA). They have changed the contact information to a private phone number in another state and the website is for a random fishing club (we are a restaurant). The gentleman who owns the phone number is very upset he is receiving calls at 3 a.m. (Due to the time difference). I have requested ownership of the page, but have not received a response from the "owner"  How do I regain ownership of the page and update the information? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Natasha C

Have two questions:

1# Is this website your correct website and showing the correct phone number?

http://danapointstillwater.com/contact-us-2/ 

2#  you mentioned having requested the ownership transferred:

When did you try this and how?

Have  you applied 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Natasha C

if responding:

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Re: Google My Business Page Hacked and Changed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@ Helmut Geissler

Thank you for getting back to me. The correct website is danapoinststillwater.com. Phone number 949.661.6003

I have requested from the “owner” to transfer ownership several times since April. Every time the transfer is denied. We will make suggested edits (which will appear for a couple weeks) and then the information is changed to some obscure website or address.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Natasha C

I escalated it via

# 1033

(you tagged me incorrectly btw as "@ Helmut geissler")

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Ho @Natasha C

Beside of the escalation regarding the ownership request I was able to correct the Phone number and website

See this confirmation eMail I got from GMaps:

Success
Your edit to StillWater Spirits & Sounds has been published. See your change. Note that some changes might take up to 24 hours before appearing on Google.
Thank you for improving Google Maps! Your insights make it a better, more useful map for everyone.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Natasha C

Google told me "Ownership has been transferred to the correct owner".

Pleasedouble check htis good news

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @helmutgeissler can you please help? Beyond menu took control of our listing and it's impossible to get it back. It's killing us. 

My business is Slate NY in NYC. 54 w 21 st. They listed their website newyorkslate.com but it's slate-ny.com. 

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

someone recently has hacked my google buisness account and changed my buisness phone number to math theirs. if you can help please shoot a text to 501-732-9993

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, someone else has claimed the location and Google my business profile of two of my locations. Can I claim them back, or erased them and submit them correctly because the pinpoint location is off from where it is and I do not have access to the Google My Business of the locations?

Thanks