Google My Business Ownership Conflict

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am an agency that works for a company called:

Terry's RV 

5545 S State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84107

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/111775716083364517700/+TerrysRVSaltLakeCity/posts

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Terry's+RV/@40.650374,-111.8902467,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x8...

My client has bought this Dealership a few months ago. We are working with him on his Google My Business Page. We were able to get manager's access, but then found out that the current owner of the GMB page is no longer with the company and no one knows who this is. My client wants us to have ownership of his GMB page. We have jumped through all of the hops that Google has thrown at us.

Finally last week someone responded with they will allow us to gain ownership after they call the business phone number and verify it. They never called. I respond to the email again and then they say that the current owner does not want to give up ownership of the GMB page. 

I get on the phone with Google Support AGAIN for the 5th or 6th time and the person puts me on hold and then hangs up on me. I request a call again, and get someone else who says that they will have that person call me right back and that has not happened. 

Here is my support ticket # [4-9938000011594]. I have all of the emails where I am jumping through there hoops and when we finally think we are close to getting done, there is yet another miscommunication with the Google Support and now I feel like we are all the way back at square one AGAIN!

My client is furious, this is ridiculous that Google is not giving the correct people ownership of this. We have done everything they have asked. 

How do we get this escalated so that someone who understands the situation can help us rectify this?

Thank You

Brenda

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business Ownership Conflict

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

ok and thanks for providing the ticket ID 

will escalate your case to our communication manager

Re: Google My Business Ownership Conflict

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey @Brenda W

I believe the issue you are running into is caused by the fact you are not the businesss owner.

The business owner needs to be the one to request th ownership - later they can share management access with you to let you provide then your service to the owner.