AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Ownership Conflict

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have requested via https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/3452717?p=business_ownership&id=18324785772184635... to  transfer the ownership of my business page, which is verified by someone else.

I have received a mail from google help( the conversation thread is mentioned below) to reply them back if we don't receive any response from the existing owner, but the email sent from my domain email id don't reach to them. So please advice how to proceed next?

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,
My name is Anna from the Google My Business Support team, following up on your access request for Allied Components International at https://maps.google.com?cid=-121958301524916128 local page on Google My Business.
I've checked on the progress of your request. Our records records show that the current owner of the page hasn’t taken any action. 
I wanted to let you know that we’re sending them a follow-up asking them to consider your request closely. If the current owner hasn’t responded to you directly within 4-5 days, please reply to this email and my team will take additional steps to follow up.
Thank you,
Anna
The Google My Business Team

Google Inc. | The Google My Business Team | business.google.com

Re: Google My Business Ownership Conflict

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If you do respond after 5 days, "Anna" will release the listing back to the general public and you'll have to pick it up, assuming that the current holder of the listing does not respond to the request. You'll have to then verify the listing with a call or a postcard. It is annoying, but that's the protocol.