AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Manager Email Invite Not Receiving To Google Account

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've seven clients in my GMB dashboard that I invited myself to manage successfully on their behalf. Two new clients have invited me and both of their email requests do not send to my Google Account of which email is hosted on Google's servers. 

The two accounts both state my email address has been "invited" in the GMB client dashboard, and the standard "You Have Been Invited To Manage..." acceptance email never shows up. 

I've read dated troubleshooting in the forums on this topic however I'm at a loss as to why it is occurring and would be grateful for guidance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark W
June

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@su ann l  &  @Chelsea G  & @Mark W

Have you tried  "pending invitations" in here:  

https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Mark W I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

PriyaC

I've encountered the identical problem as Mark W.  I have a client who has assigned me owner responsibility for the GMB account. Try as we might, I can seem to receive their invitation despite repeated tries on their side as well as documented verification that they have given me permission to manage their account.  I searched everywhere but can find the invitation.  HELP!  This is a new client.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same problem with a client, any help would be appreciated!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Chelsea G, 

Isn't it awful!  Trying to resolve this glitch was a lousy start with a new client.  Also, I believe the platform has changed since some of the advice previously provided for this specific issue does not work. 

The solutions which I was finally able to get by calling GMB live support (1-844-491-9665) a few times:

1.  go to my GMB account, search for my client's business, then request that the client send me an invitation (yet again). I was uneasy about this option, since my client had already made multiple attempts to no avail and also they received the confirmation that it was successful at their end.

2. the 2nd option - the customer service rep just emailed me a direct link to the invitation, which I accepted right away resulting in immediate success.

If I were you, use option 2, skip option 1.  Who knows if #1 would work, since alternate ways of sending the invitation didn't work previously, whereas option 2 was an immediate fix.  Also, the last thing we need is for our clients to lose faith in the service we provide. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Priya, Su Ann and Chelsea. This was incredibly frustrating and I only got it resolved through sheer perseverance. In my case, for two clients, GMB phone support assisted however it took 4-5 calls before I got through to someone that knew how to resolve. I spoke to Varun at GMB Support (I am in Australia) REF: 0-8731000020633 and he called the tech team - he called back two days later and the invites were showing through Google+ as pending which is how it was resolved. I use Google as host for email and before this resolution I called Google Cloud Support (G Suite) who determined it was the sender email address that was the issue which I knew it was not and it turns out it was a Google+ glitch / issue. Strangely it only happened on certain accounts. Log in to your Google+ account and check pending notifications, there is an option to accept on your Google+ page that will resolve this and accept the invite. 

Try this link:

Hello Mark,

Please ask Google my Business using the following URL: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_m?from=cuf_c2c

Sincerely,

Kevin
Google Cloud Support
ref:_00D00VNwG._500f21Bf673:ref

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Mark W, 

Thank you for your response. There's definitely a glitch somewhere, which I wish Google would prioritize to fix given how pivotal GMB can be to businesses and assigning accounts to be managed should be a staightforward procedure.  It should not be a workaround!

Question:  you mention "an option to accept on your Google+ page that will resolve this and accept the invite".  May I trouble you for details because I've searched through G+ notification settings and looked through my Google account, and I don't see an option that specifically accepts GMB invites (also I don't restrict my G+ notifications).

-Su Ann

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ive searched my CRM and I did not take down specific notes which I wish I had as it would provide a step by step solution for you. 

This is all I have. I remember vividly it was something in the Google+. I know with my Google Plus I used to be called something else "MYM Video" before changing it to "All Marketing" - I wonder if this cause the glitch. 

My advice is to get the GMB team to call you back and ask for one of the tech team/Google engineers to investigate your case. Keep me updated and all the best. 

Please ask Google my Business using the following URL: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_m?from=cuf_c2c

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark W
June

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@su ann l  &  @Chelsea G  & @Mark W

Have you tried  "pending invitations" in here:  

https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@su ann l @Chelsea G @PriyaC @Helmut Geissler

This is how I resolved it. GMB took me here. Thanks, Helmut.