3.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Linked with incorrect Wikipedia Article

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please help! I have been trying to get this fixed for several weeks. Google is linking us to a Wikipedia page for a St. Paul’s Church in WI. We are in Indiana. I’ve been trying to get Google to fix this. I was told it was finally fixed but it wasn't, you could see the Beloit, WI info IN THE SCREENSHOTS the rep sent saying it was fixed. Now the rep said I should contact Wikipedia but I really don't believe that's the case. It is the same problem I've seen referenced in this community forum. (https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ownership-Conflicts/Google-My-Business-Linked-with-incorre...)

Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 12:10 PM
To: 'local-help@google.com' <local-help@google.com>
Subject: RE: Google Local Help

Hi Garima,

Google STILL has us linked to the wrong Wikipedia page. That is the description which I wish to remove. You can see it in the screenshot you sent me just now.This description & link is for a church in WISCONSIN. Look at where it says QUICK FACTS.

Thank you for any help you can give, Barbara

Barbara Mihal

Director of Communications / St. Paul’s Episcopal Church

6050 North Meridian Street / Indianapolis, IN 46208

317.253.1277 ext 26 / stpaulsindy.org

From: local-help@google.com [mailto:local-help@google.com]
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2016 11:46 AM
To: Barbara Mihal <bmihal@stpaulsindy.org>
Subject: Google Local Help

Hi Barbara,

Greetings of the day!

As per the query, you wish to update/remove the description of your business page St. Paul's Episcopal Church. I am glad to inform you that we have removed the description/summary of your business page St. Paul's Episcopal Church and the updated information is now live on the search/maps result. Please find the attached screenshot for your reference.

Quick Tip: Your business listing allows customers to post reviews of your business. Online reviews are a great way to take valuable word-of-mouth marketing to the web, and can help new people find you online. Please share this link with your customer/client, so they can review your business.

Also, your Google My Business account has yielded great returns for your business. Now we suggest you start thinking about expanding your customer reach by making even greater use of the online medium using Google AdWords Express which will help you reach out to people who are proactively looking for not just your product/service but it’s related terms online. It automatically manages your online ads, without the need for daily management or tasks and gives you the opportunity to appear at the top of the results on Search and Maps with keywords across both desktops and mobile devices. To know more check out the Adwords Express Help Center. And to add to that, Google is happy to offer you an incentive coupon, where Google will give you $100 as Advertising credit upon spending $25. If you are interested in Google AdWords Express to get more customers please reply us back with your contact number, so that our team can discuss this over the phone.

"Hope you find this useful. For any further clarification, do not hesitate to reply back to this email. If you'd prefer discussing this as a phone conversation I can also give you a call if you revert back with a number. You may receive an email survey regarding your interaction with Google My Business support. We value your feedback in improving customer experience. Alternatively, you can reach out to us by simply filling out this form."

Have a great weekend ahead!

Regards,

Garima

Google Inc. | The Google My Business Team | Google Marketing Solutions | business.google.com

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author St Pauls E
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Barbara

I'll escalate this from this end.  I can see what you're talking about.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MargaretO,

Is there anything I should do to help move this along? I’ve been contacting Google for help for 5 weeks now. I either get no response, or they respond and tell me to contact Wikipedia. I’m not sure what else to do. I’d appreciate any advice you can give.

Thank you, Barbara

Barbara Mihal

Director of Communications / St. Paul’s Episcopal Church

6050 North Meridian Street / Indianapolis, IN 46208

317.253.1277 ext 26 / stpaulsindy.org

From: The Google Advertiser Community [mailto:en.advertisercommunity@advertisercommunity.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2017 12:02 AM
To: Barbara Mihal <bmihal@stpaulsindy.org>
Subject: Google My Business Linked with incorrect Wikipedia Article (The Google Advertiser Community Subscription Update)

Hi St Pauls E,

MargaretO (Top Contributor) posted a new reply in Ownership Conflicts on 01-02-2017 09:01 PM :

Hi Barbara

I'll escalate this from this end.  I can see what you're talking about.

Reply | Accept as Solution | Give Kudos

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Barbara
I have contacted Google about this and the issue has been escalated beyond the contacts we have.  Just requested an update for you and will post back when I have some news.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning! Just wondering if there has been any update on this. It still says we are in Beloit, Wisconsin.

Is there anything else I can do to get this fixed? Should I be calling them every day at this point? 

Thank you,

Barbara

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Barbara

Hang tight, have asked for an update again. Thank you for bumping this, it's been two weeks and normally we hear back quicker.  I'm sorry this is being such a pain for you - will keep on this.

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Barbara @St Pauls E
Received a response as to why there is a delay.  Turns out there is a technical glitch happening, and the team are working on it.  No timeline yet, but the problem is registered and is being worked on.

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@St Pauls E - Just bumped thread again.  

I am sorry for this taking so long, this is unusual.  Thank you for your patience.

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@St Pauls E, @Barbara M
Just got word back.  It's not great news, but it at least is better than no news.

There is a technical glitch involved with this.  The engineers are working on a solution. Unfortunately we have no ETA for it, but Google does understand this is an issue for you and they are working on improving the Google Maps and Google Local experience for everyone.

Find me on · · my blog