Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a GMB account for the

Seminole Theatre

18 N Krome Ave, Homestead, FL

786-650-2073

www.seminoletheatre.org

When I view my business information on the GMB portal, it appears correct.

However, when doing a search through Google, the business is combined with something called the "Seminole Cafe and Hotel", which is a Wikipedia  article for a different building.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seminole_Cafe_and_Hotel

The address, photos, phone, etc for my business, The Seminole Theatre, is combined with the title and description of this other building?

How can I correct?

When I "suggest an edit" and try to change the name of the Seminole Cafe and Hotel, in the edit box it shows "Seminole Theatre"3.

I have tried submitting changes to the Wikipedia article to encourage it to stop matching, as the other building referenced is actually called the Landmark Hotel and it's incorrect, but the edit doesn't seem to take effect.  Have considered creating an actual wikipedia article for our historic theater, but since I am te manager it technically breaks wikipedia use rules.

How can stop Google from connecting these two buildings erroneously?  I can't find any way to contact GMB to ask to make this edit.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business Linked with incorrect Wikipedia Article

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

in very rare cases such knowledge graph mismatching happen.
Not sure why.
But I will escalate your issue to Google

for my own reference only: again a knowledge graph mismatch

Accepted by topic author Mickey M
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Mickey M

I just got a good word back from Google:

They fixed it on their back end

It may take some time for changes to stick, but it's corrected on the back end.

Please give here a note in case you still see it happen in a week or two weeks still as in the past. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much. I'll keep checking and let you know when it looks to be fixed

Google My Business Linked with incorrect Wikipedia Article

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, our sister college is having the same problem, how do I resolve this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler Would you be able to take a look at another case related to a incorrectly linked Wikipedia article:

The GMB listing is DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside 

https://www.google.com/maps?cid=18112896456119632250

The Wikipedia article is Columbia Wharf, Rotherhithe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_Wharf,_Rotherhithe 

I am pleased to confirm that we managed to disconnect them, but during the process our page was merged/linked to another Hilton hotel: London Hilton on Park Lane https://www.google.com/maps?cid=5150842141698146509

At the moment everyone looking for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside, sees London Hilton on Park Lane displayed in the KG panel: https://goo.gl/GSNA53. You can imagine how many calls are being wrongly placed and this is very stressful for both hotels. On top of that DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands's reviews are now gone - this page had 625 Google reviews, no longer displayed. 

You can find more information about this matter and its history in the following topic: 

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/Google-My-Business-Linked-with-...

Would you be able to escalate this with Google Team, I am happy to provide more information and they can always contact me at silvia@luaugroup.com. 

Many thanks,

Silvia 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Silvia M

I don't consider it very fair to have two TCs dealing  with the same issue posted by several users in two different threads.

I recommend to jump onto the other thread.

I also recommend you at  first to contact business support regarding the issue of the "DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Docklands Riverside" merged with the KnowledgePanel of the "London Hilton on Park Lane".

Only in case they are unable to fix the issue either of both TCs ( @Colan or me) should escalate the ""DoubleTree" issue to Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler Thanks for your quick reply. I can't agree with you more and apology for including two TCs.

We're getting a lot of pressure from the hotels, Docklands have had KG issues for the past two years and according to business support team this is an organic issue, which they are unable to resolve. We have discussed it numerous of time, so any additional insights or help you and Colan can provide will be highly appreciated. 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Silvia M

One thread please!

This one I will blocjfor new replies.

In the other one  @Colan  or me will tryto help you.

But there was also up to now no information you contacted Support to no avail -  hope I didn't overlooked it ;-)