AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business - Hotel Listing Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Long story short someone successfully claimed our old listing (Map url: https://goo.gl/maps/orfDAwVw9bC2) and have full access to the GMB. I already contacted Google Support to fix the issue, the solution was to create new listing (Map url: https://goo.gl/maps/PQ9kQ4zWffq) and transfer all our reviews and photos. I also successfully suggest an edit to the old listing name to BNI Jodoh, so our customer is not confused.

Now the problem is: Since we are a Hotel there's a lot of Online Travel Agent such as Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, etc who put advert to our listing and connected to their adwords account. Their advertisement is not showing in our new listing but in the old listing!

BNI jodoh.jpg

Now the worst part, since those online travel agents also have pay per click advert placement all over the internet. The advert their pointing is to the old listing as you can see below

4 Aug 17.JPG7 Sept.png23 Aug 2.JPG23 Aug.JPG 

Please kindly help, here's our details:

Business Name: Planet Holiday Hotel & Residence

Current Address: Jalan Raja Ali Haji No. 1, Sei Jodoh, Batu Ampar, Sungai Jodoh, Batu Ampar, Kota Batam, Kepulauan Riau 29432

Current Phone: (0778) 433555

Map url: https://goo.gl/maps/PQ9kQ4zWffq

Regards

Dino

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business - Hotel Listing Problem

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dino B N

However you should be contacting your OTA's via your booking dashboards with them individually to make sure that 1) Name is correct 2) links to the original website.

If you click on a booking .com listing it takes you to the planet holiday hotel listing, so you are getting the booking - I am assuming this is because their was a name change at some point.

GMB will not be able to merge or remove the BNI listing because it is currently verified.

So you need to claim ownership of the listing: Request Ownership of a Google Business Listing

Then once transferred to your account - you can delete it.

Once you have requested ownership, the owner of the listing has 7 days to either - deny or transfer.

In both cases when you get the reply email, there is an appeal link in the email if they deny transfer.

If this happens, please come back to this thread and I can escalate it.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @Tim Capper

Thank you for your kind reply.

I have contacted all my OTA regarding this problem. They said the problem is on the google ends, not theirs.

It is correct that if we click the ads on booking .com it will point to our listing on their website. However it is annoying to see our property ads by OTA's is under the name of BNI jodoh in all over the internet. And it's affecting our hotel rank on the google search as well. FYI, BNI Jodoh is a bank not a hotel.

For now I already re-claim the BNI Jodoh listing and have to wait for 7 day for current owner to response. My question is supposed I successfully claim BNI Jodoh and mark as closed/delete it. What happen to the ads by our OTA's, will it be transferred to the Planet Holiday Hotel listing?

Regards,
Dino

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Dino B N

Ooooh its a Bank.

That changes everything, you said they claimed your listing, so i assumed that was the original name.

Hang on for a while, I will ask the team to look at this listing and see what they can do.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @Tim Capper

Yes, they claim our listing formerly a hotel then change it to a bank, It's weird that a bank have a hotel booking system.
Once again thank you for your kind help Tim.

Regards,
Dino

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Dino B N

They have received my escalation and are working on how to separate the listing and correct the data.

Will let you know when I hear back.

Google My Business - Hotel Listing Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper

Brilliant. Thank you for your update.

Looking forward this problem to be solved.

Regards,

Dino