AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps took over wrong business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I followed the proper steps to create a listing for my new salon. The address was and is correct, even when I verified it and received my postcard from Google. The first day I received my verification code and finalized setting up my location everything was perfect. However, I was contacted by the owner of the building I rent from and was informed Google maps is now saying I took over someone else salon suite, which I did NOT authorize.

So 1. How the heck does that happen without me changing anything with my address?

and 2. How do I correct it?

I work in a building where every salon has an individual suite number and individual businesses for each suite.

My salon is Wildflower Gypsy Salon + Apothecary

7135 Hodgson Memorial Drive Unit C Suite 21

Savannah GA 31406

the address that its now saying I'm located at and taking over is actually

Gypsy Soul Hair Design

7135 Hodgson Memorial Dr Unit C Suite 13

Savannah GA 31406

You can even see the other salons images, name on profile, hours, etc.

Heres the link to the map

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gypsy+Soul+Hair+Studio/@32.006384,-81.1134627,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m...

Help?!?

Chelsea

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Chelsea S

Please provide us a screenshot of your GMB dashboard showing the listing as you have created and verified & named it as "Wildflower Gypsy Salon + Apothecary" 

Helpful would be also getting dditionalth link of the listing extracted from your dashbaord "View on Maps" and/or "View on Search"

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Re: Google Maps took over wrong business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

Here are the screen shots from the computer of my profile, that was verified and a screen shot of when you search for my salon and a different salon business showing up.

I will say where I work, we all own individual salons in the same building. However another salon has not had a problem setting up her maps like myself (Wildflower Gypsy) and Gypsy Soul Hair Studio.

Ill also reply in a minute with the screen shot from when I first verified it and it worked. Thanks!

hb.pngIMG_8921 2.pngIMG_8726.pngIMG_8919 23.pngIMG_8920 2.jpg

Re: Google Maps took over wrong business

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hmm @Chelsea S

I have still a hard time to understand your issue.

In order to understand it better I jsut tried my self creating a listing with the same specifications  as per your last screenshot and I don't get the duplication warning.

See yourself:

Screenshot 2018-01-29 at 20.27.41.png

More:

I am even able to request a verification PIN sent to the  business (waht I of course didn't )

Screenshot 2018-01-29 at 20.32.29.pngScreenshot 2018-01-29 at 20.32.38.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

yes that’s exactly what happened to me. When I set it up everything was correct and I received a verification pin in the mail. The code worked and properly verified my business location. Then several days later it started showing up as someone else’s business location. 

I hope this makes sense. 

Should i I delete it and try again?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Yes- delete it from your dashbaord and make sure there isn'tany other one in your listing.

Then read my proposal:

Instead recreating it via your dashboard lemme  do it on my end via my dashboard (this of course requires somehow you share me the PIN if it arrives)

I then will verify it via my dahsboard and will seeit last for -lets say a week-

If yes I will transfer the listing to your dashboard  and rmoveme as the owner

if it doesn't last I will escalate it as "my case" to google

Please consider and think l about my proposal.

If you would decide for such a try via my dashboard lemme know asap

(about ways or channels to share the PIN and other information to transfer later the verified listing to your dashboard I will find and  tell you a way to explain the "how to do")

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler So I deleted the address from My Business account in maps. However if you search my salon name it is still showing up as the other persons salon. The issue is having the wrong business show up for my search. How the heck do I fix this? The verification worked last time and Id like to try it myself again. Thanks for your help!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I'm so glad you got the listing verified on your own @Chelsea S

Is  it already marked as verified in your own dahsbaord?

If so please provide here its two links (extracting them from your dashboard)

"View on Maps"

"View on Search"