AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps showing wrong address, phone number, etc.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Business: Victoria Golf Club

Address: 1110 Beach Drive, Victoria BC, V8S2M9

Phone: 1-250-598-4321

When you google 'Victoria Golf Club' the address coming up for our business is in the deep USA with the wrong phone as well. I cannot claim this business either because the only two verification options are to contact by mail or phone... to the wrong address. It is using our crest and our website, and therefore we need this resolved asap as it is mixing two businesses, and is causing major issues for our website, searches, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Google Maps showing wrong address, phone number, etc.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tawnya,

When I do a Google Search for Victoria Golf Club. This is what I see

2016-01-28_15-13-13.jpg

It seems the first result is correct, right? If so, this is good since my location is set to North Carolina, USA. When I click the secondary, incorrect location I see a business located in Virginia. One state north of mine in USA. Is this the address in question?

It seems like Google is confusing the two and putting your clubs information on this listing even though the actual listing has no information that matches

2016-01-28_15-18-17.jpg

I would suggest "suggesting an edit" on this listing and address why the content Google has produced is for the incorrect business. I will fill this out right now as well to see if we can expedite the process. Go here to suggest edit https://www.google.com/maps/place/Victoria+Golf+Club/@37.0011408,-78.1699334,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0...

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tawnya,

When I do a Google Search for Victoria Golf Club. This is what I see

2016-01-28_15-13-13.jpg

It seems the first result is correct, right? If so, this is good since my location is set to North Carolina, USA. When I click the secondary, incorrect location I see a business located in Virginia. One state north of mine in USA. Is this the address in question?

It seems like Google is confusing the two and putting your clubs information on this listing even though the actual listing has no information that matches

2016-01-28_15-18-17.jpg

I would suggest "suggesting an edit" on this listing and address why the content Google has produced is for the incorrect business. I will fill this out right now as well to see if we can expedite the process. Go here to suggest edit https://www.google.com/maps/place/Victoria+Golf+Club/@37.0011408,-78.1699334,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0...

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
If it is using your crest that is a cause for concern, like identity theft, rather than a coincidence. Looking at the other expert's answer, there is the option to claim your business for the result that appears in BC. As for the crest issue, once you have claimed your business, send Google Support an email.