star_border

Google Maps listing hijacked by Beyond Menu

TC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
TC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Google. NEED YOUR HELP! 

A Chinese Restaurant c needs to re-claim their listing.
  • The restaurant requests the postcard to verify their listing and was waiting for the postcard.
  • An unknown user also requests a listing verification, and Google sent the postcard to the restaurant. 
  • The restaurant owner received two postcards. Entered and not working for some reasons. 
  • A few days later, an unknown user pretends to be calling from Google and ask for the PIN to verify that the owner did receive the postcard. 
  • The owner gave the PIN to the fake owner
  • Now the listing is hijacked 
  • The owner tried to request ownership transfer and the fake owner simply rejects the ownership transfer. 
Now the website link on Google Listing goes to BeyondMenu.com's online order website. 
Beyond Menu even create a domain with the restaurant name + city like this format. www.ChengduDelightChandler.com

The owner follows the official instruction from "Someone else verified my business", but still get rejected by the fake owner.

Here is the business information. The owner would like to re-open the listing and reclaim. 
Chengdu Delight Chinese Cuisine [合顺园]
2992 N Alma School Rd #3, Chandler, AZ 85224
(480) 963-1198
www.ChengduDelight.com (not ready yet)

Thanks!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Maps listing hijacked by Beyond Menu

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @TC

Has there been any progress since you posted this or do you still need help getting the issue resolved?

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

TC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
TC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The business owner tried to request the ownership transfer again and got rejected again. 

Re: Google Maps listing hijacked by Beyond Menu

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @TC

I will look into it and see what I can do to help get this resolved. I believe this is happening to numerous restaurants.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@TC do you want me to remove the website for now off the listing or are you okay with it being there?  I wasn't sure if the affiliate website was better than no website.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

TC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
TC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@JoyHawkins I am not sure if I make "Suggest Edit" will help to remove the site. Yes. Please do remove the website for now. 

The restaurant is still working on their official website. Hope @TomW can help resolve the issues. 

All we want is to be able to re-verify the listing. So we can officially claim the listing. 

Thanks for the help. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@TC I edited the listing and it published immediately so the site is off (for now). I'll ping Google and see if they can respond to Tom's internal escalation as I don't see a response yet.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Thanks for reporting this issue in the Google My Business Community. I've sent your request to our support team and asked that they investigate further. 

I'll be sure to follow up when I hear from them. 

Thanks for your patience!

Marissa

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author TC
February

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi @TC

We were able to get that page unverified and you should now be able to claim it. 

Thanks,

Marissa

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter

TC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
TC
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi @Marissa_GMB

Thanks so much for your help. The business owner called me yesterday saying they can now request the postcard. 

I wonder how can we report issues like this in the future? I already have few more like this, but not sure where to report as a batch. 

We pretty much tried contacting Google support (from India?). And we were getting the same canned suggestion to keep requesting ownership transfer. We keep getting rejected. 

Thanks so much again.