AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps listing and My Business page on Google hijacked by Beyond Menu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Google,

We recently found out that our Google maps and my business page has been hijacked by Beyond menu. After doing some search online I see that they have also done this with a number of other small businesses. I am not sure how they were made owners of our Google Listing, it seems they created a 2nd listing, marked our original location as a duplicated and made it unpublished. Here is the business info:

Tripoli Restaurant

Address: 156 Atlantic Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11201

Phone: (718) 596-5800

Google Maps Url: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tripoli+Restaurant/@40.6901034,-73.9967697,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3...

Beyond menu has created a knock off website (tripolibrooklyn.com) which then links to their service, and this is the url that comes up when doing a Google search. So far in the past week I have been unsuccessful at reclaiming ownership of this listing, my request come back with the fake owner granting me communications manager status which is basically read only access as I cannot make any edits. I have been going back and forth with Google support to no avail. Being that I am not the only one, and this is clearly a case of a hijacked listing, I am asking for someone at Google to make the listing unpublished so that we can reclaim it and publish the google listing that currently shows as unpublished due to it being a duplicate. I need to update the listing with the real website of the business. I have called and am working on canceling with Beyond Menu.

Please help.

Sincerely

Omar

Re: Google Maps listing and My Business page on Google hijacked by Beyond Menu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was able to get this resolved by contacting Google's facebook support. No need for anyone to reply to this.