2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps Customer Support Is Very Unreliable...How Can I Get Better Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google's software created a new listing for one of our clients.  They had their own Google My Business for years and all of a sudden a new listing showed up with an incorrect name and website.

It looks like they grabbed the information from an old expired website the doctor had up when he first started.

We have talked with the Google My Business support team multiple times and they fail to do what they say they will do.

Typically we wouldn't even bother with such incorrect listings but in this case the new incorrect listing has replaced the correct listing.  Why would Google's new/unclaimed listing trump our current 2+ year listings with 14 reviews and 1,000s of views, searches, clicks, calls, etc?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Maps Customer Support Is Very Unreliable...How Can I Get Better Help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Garret M

Please include the following with your question for both - the client created listing and the Google created listing:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply @Helmut Geissler.

Sorry for not including that. I'll go get that info.

Quick question. I have never been much part in forums or this (new community) I have been in the local marketing scene now for years and ever learning as Google continues to make changes faster than I can keep track of sometimes.

My Question:

Becoming a Google My Business Top Contributor...what is the value in that? How does one become one? And...why are you one?

Thanks

Garret

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just read that last question "Why are you one?" that might come off wrong. Just wondering your story of becoming one...