AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google Listing Hijacked

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I represent the business Agra Tandoori.

The business details are as follows:

1. Agra Tandoori 

2. 3790 Canada Way, Burnaby, BC V5G 1G4

3. (604) 430-1600

4. https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Agra+Tandoori+Restaurant/@49.254441,-123.0204435,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!...

5. http://www.agratandoori.ca/ is the official website

I claimed the business a while ago and rejected the claim from a company called DI develop. The owner and employees at the store know not to give any google code to them. 

Somehow the google listing in my account shows as a duplicate. 

How did they manage to do this? I need to get back the google listing. As I'm the one managing it for them.

Capture99.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Listing Hijacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any help please

Google Listing Hijacked

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Have you already (and if not why not) "request access"?

Re: Google Listing Hijacked

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I have requested access. But they have invited me to become a communications manager as expected. What I find odd, is that all the employees at the location told me they did not give out any code. I know they created a duplicate listing but have no idea how they were able to get the google code.Thank you for your assistance.

Capture33.JPG

Google Listing Hijacked

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

HI @Harpreet G

If you can give me any good proof you are the real owner of the business we are talking here about I would escalate this ownership issue to Google.

(to let you better understand why I request such a proof about you as @Harpreet G being the real business owner: There are some kinds of hijacker pretending being the  business owners of certain restaurants and seeking help here  for just the only reason to steal listings. Since this happens not once only but ten or more times I'm now very vigilant and won't help here anyone unless I'm convinces he is the owner.)

Other TC's or contributos might have other principles.

But since about a  month this is how I deal such threads.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Google Listing Hijacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler  I can give you a business license but I don't want to post it in a public form. How can I send it to you?

Also, Once I regain control of the google listing, how can I stop them from making a verified duplicate listing without them having a google code. All employees at the restaurant understand not to give it out.

Google Listing Hijacked

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

HI @Harpreet G

You can contact me offline the forum through this form http://goo.gl/ornqS8 after reading it's disclaimer.

Google Listing Hijacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler I have sent you a message. Do you have any recommendations for my question in my last post.

Google Listing Hijacked

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

In got your message and still awaiting any good  proof you are hte owner of the restaurant inquestion

Google Listing Hijacked

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Got the license and have now escalated it to Google via this escalation link (the link will work for TC's and Googlers only)