Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Google Allows Yext to Takeover Small Business Listings without Consent

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently our small business page was taken over by Yext, we never received notification from Google or YEXT regarding the takeover. When I originally called Google support to inquire how this was even possible, I was told that our business page was not updated recently enough and that is why YEXT was allowed to take over. When I explained that I logged into the account every other day to respond reviews, update images and post to Google + that statement was backtracked and I was told to check Google policy "it is there, ma'am." I asked if there was a specific set of criteria which allowed a listing to be taken over by YEXT and no answer was offered by Google support. 

How I got my listing back- I never really did. YEXT created another listing for my business, rendering our original listing (created over 9 years ago and updated almost daily) a duplicate. Until I was able to get my listing re-verified ( Via snail mail)  I was unable to respond to reviews, update hours or anything regarding my business. Now I'm forced to use the listing YEXT created for my business and re-optimize their listing to properly represent my business. Mysteriously, the survey after my phone call to Google support never came, just a dial tone. I'm highly disappointed in Google, cannot believe they have resorted to behaving like Yahoo and no longer trust them. 

**Summary- Google/YEXT partnership allows YEXT to takeover your small business page WITHOUT your consent or knowledge. It is next to impossible to get it restored back to original state. 

<Post moved to Official Google My Business Community by Community Manager>

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Allows Yext to Takeover Small Business Listings without Consent

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there @Land Rover P

Can you share the URL for the listing that you're mentioning here? I see that you currently own the page for 'Land Rover Palm Beach" but I'm happy to investigate this issue if you can share a bit more information about the location that Yext is managing. 

Thanks so much!

Marissa

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter