AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail Hijacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full Business Name: Steven M. Sweat, APC

2. Current Business Address: 5757 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 450, Los Angeles, CA 90036

3. Current Telephone Number: (323) 944-0993

4. Google Maps  URL: https://goo.gl/maps/uYVmdXcmpH52

5. Website: https://www.victimslawyer.com

Someone has hacked my gmail account associated with my GMB listing.  They changed the password, phone number and recovery password.  I requested to be reinstated as owner of the gmail account but, was denied.  What do I do to get my GMB listing back?  If I can't get it back, can I get it taken down and start over (last resort).

1 Expert replyverified_user

Gmail Hijacked

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Steven S

there are two different  things to know about:

1#  getting  back access to the  supposed  hacked GMail account-as necassary to  get control over GMail  account (guessing -but not for sure- it is "st…@gmail.com")

2# getting  back access to the business  listing  "Steven M Sweat, APC" at  "5757 Wilshire Blvd Suite 450, Los Angeles, CA 90036, USA"

While we can't  help you about  getting  back the control over  your GoogleGMail-Account  based  on  "st…@gmail.com" (you should  ask  th GMailhelpforumfor  better  help)  we neveertheless can help you getting back the  control over the  GMB listing "Steven M Sweat, APC".

Just  use  any other  own (or freshly  created) GoogleAccount and using this  other  GoogleAccount please apply 

Gmail Hijacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Helmut! I tried to follow the recovery steps previously.  Unfortunately, this sends email to the person that hacked my gmail account and now they are putting defamatory information on my listing.  What are my options now?  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Gmail Hijacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Was able to recover ownership.  Again, I sincerely appreciate your advice and help.

Gmail Hijacked

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Steven S, your question here got my attention and I am glad to know that your problem is now resolved. I am just curious to know how did it happen? As, when I go to the conflict resolution link shared by Helmut, it requires me to have access to a GMB account. So I am wondering if you had to create a new account for the purpose of claiming your listing or did you get help from Gmail help forum? 

I know it is too  much to ask but if you could just elaborate on how did you resolve this problem then it would help other community members to learn about such problems when one's account get hacked and there is no means to access business listing. 

Thanks in advance!