My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Get my personal home address off of Google's generic business listing for Paso Robles CA

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please help. This is the 3rd time I have tried to have my private home address removed as Google's generic "business location" for businesses that don't list a physical address in Paso Robles, CA.

People randomly show up on my property asking if it's the business (there are a variety of them). Invariably, when I look up the business, it shows my private residential address as the location!!

Please move the generic "business" location to somewhere else in Paso Robles. How about moving it to the City Hall, or the Library, or the airport? Just somewhere other than my private residence.

Thank you.

Marjorie H

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove personal information that no longer appears to be needed. This is done to protect account privacy.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Get my personal home address off of Google's generic business listing for Paso Robles CA

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

I went to your street address in http://www.google.com/mapmaker -- selected "browse" and saw multiple businesses here. I flagged them all -- suggest you do the same.

Go here and blur your house: https://www.google.com/cbk?cb_client=maps_sv.tactile&output=report&panoid=WERXwzfqCOC4geB7n4z-ew&hl=...

Re: Get my personal home address off of Google's generic business listing for Paso Robles CA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your help with this. I don't want to say that this has solved
the problem, because any new business that should start in Paso Robles, and
not incude a street address, will automatically be located at my home
address. So until Google changes the generic location for businesses
located in in Paso Robles that don't list a street address, I will have to
endure strangers driving onto my property. Or put in a couple of gates.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
This problem actually should not persist, since Google no longer automatically adds businesses. Contacting the few actual businesses that aren't moved via this process and asking them to claim their listing and either switching to an area business or correcting their listings is probably your best best. And leave them a bad review if they blow you off.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I dont want my personal address on google either. MY business is a home based business but i dont want the world to know it. How do i hide my address?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
If you want your home address separate from a business, never use your home business address for sales tax, DBA/incorporation, website whois, Google My Business, Bing, Yellow Pages, etc. You can't conduct business from your home without lots of databases, review engines, and search tools picking it up, even if you do mask it in GMB.