Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

GOOGLE SCAM ARTISTS

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a problem with my google business listing that I have been unable to resolve. I recently

sent a message to google and they emailed that they would call me to help solve my problem. I get 5 or 6 calls a day every day from scam artists claiming to be google. How can I tell who the real google rep is???

1 Expert replyverified_user

GOOGLE SCAM ARTISTS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Fair question John.

If you have a specific problem you're dealing with, would you be able to ask the alleged googler to explain the details you put in your email or on your form?  You can explain the reason you're asking is you get calls every day from scammers alleging to be Google.   If the caller can't tell you specifically, then...

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

GOOGLE SCAM ARTISTS

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @John C

If you are certain that the email channel is legitimate and coming from Google, it might be best to stick with email as your communication method.

Just quickly... I'm assuming you've also exhausted all other support options on the Google My Business Help page?

As a side... this is unfortunately quite a common problem.

I read an article earlier today discussing Google's updated guidelines for partners and efforts to crack down on companies and individuals using these types of scam tactics, including wrongly identifying as 'being Google' or 'working with Google'. So, it seems that Google is aware of the issue and doing what they can to make headway.

I hope the above is useful (and inspires some hope) :)