My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

GMB Support Team misinterpreting an well established practice_admin rights rules

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello GMB Community,

I have initiated an ownership access request for the Google my Business listing for Kaptan Pizza at 242 Main Street, Ansonia CT, 06401. And I got a normal protocol answer to wait for 7 days. Which I did.

Part of the email text is this one:

"What to expect: Please allow 7 full days for the current owner to evaluate your request and respond. If the current owner hasn’t responded to you directly within 7 days, you can reply to this email and we’ll take additional steps to follow up. Please know we won’t be able to help you with your request before the 7 days have passed."

After waiting 7 days (GMB rules), and not getting any response from the listing owner, I reached out to GMB support team replying back to their email.

I got this kind of response from GMB Support team:
"We initiated your ownership access request for the Google+ Page access as per your request. Please note that the current page owner is actively managing this business page and we did not receive any response from current page owner, hence we will consider it as denial.  In future, if they agree to give you access, you will be notified.

Google My Business connects the two parties in case of ownership disputes as a courtesy to its users. However, the final decision to transfer ownership or add managers belongs to the current listing owner."

It is a little bit weird and I can't argue with GMB support team, but this is not according to GMB rules and procedures. SO I thought first to ask Top Contributors and the community what they think about this case.

According to me, if one listing owner if actively managing the listing, it means that he should be on top of the listing and either approve or deny my request. There is a contradictory statement from them saying "the current page owner is actively managing this business page" and then saying "we did not receive any response from current page owner", hence we will consider it as denial."
If you don't get any response back, it means he is not managing the listing, so GMB support team obviously is misinterpreting an obvious fact - the listing is not managed actively, there is no response from the current listing owner after 7 days has passed (from the moment admin rights), so they should have released the listing.  
Is there a way someone can guide me what should be done is such a case??

Thank you and regards,

GMB Support Team misinterpreting an well established practice_admin rights rules

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Report to the law enforcement

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

No need. Google needs to solve it.