AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

GMB Site Hijacked

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Someone else has hijacked my GMB page. I have gone through all of the 'recovery' and 'contact the current owner' steps over the last 6 weeks. We seemed to be dealing with official google help when after the set amount of time we got no response from the 'current owner'. We then were asked to provide a phone number from the business and the 'google help' person would call to verify. When this person called the wanted 350$ to release the GMB page!  What is going on and how do i fix this? 

business details:

Sherbourne Martial Arts Academy

1959 Mallard Road - Unit 7
London ON N6H 5L8

519 614 1167

google business page is here

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GMB Site Hijacked

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Chris S

the person called you  and wanted 350$ to release your  GMB page is a scammer.

Its not from Google.

Have you recorded this call?

And have you tried to apply the procedure Someone else verified my business already?

If so have you after a week contacted busienss support as explained in the linked procedure Someone else.....?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes i realise it is a scam. the call is not recorded. i went through the entire 'someone else verified my business' process and thats how i got into this mess. I was corresponding with a person named Deependra at email address local-help@google.com. The emails have all legit link to services in Google
here is a capture of one of the emails:
"
Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting Google. In order to release your listing from current account we required to get the authorization from "@smaa-budo-ways.com else need to get verbal authorization over business line +1 519-614-1167. Also please let me know if I may call that number who would be the right point of contact and your name as well.

Doing so will assist us to release your listing from current account

Have a great Day!

Sincerely,
Deependra

Google Inc. | The Google My Business Team | business.google.com
We're here to help Request Callback Request Callback Email Email Ask Experts Ask Experts Help Centre Help Center

"
obviously their are images and formatting that i can't paste here. we went back and forth for weeks going through the 'contacting current owner' process and then finally someone called my client at his business number and wanted money. I am suspecting that the email correspondence i have been doing is legit but somehow the person that has hijacked the site knew enough to call? i guess he would be getting contacted by google to say someone (me ) says they are not the legit owner and I am requesting access to the page. Then hijacker knows to call the business line and ask for money. Looks like i have just talked myself through what is going on! Now how do i fix it?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
do you have a case ID from Deependra at email address local-help -at-
google-dot- com
Should be in the topic of Deependra's mail?

I'm prepared to forward all the details and mail traffic of your issue
to our communication manager based on such a case ID.

If yo like you can contact me offline the forum through this form after
reading it's disclaimer:
http://goo.gl/ornqS8

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks helmut. i filled out the form to talk to you offline. the emails do not have a case id. the title os just Google My Business: Ownership Request.

the header slip is :

to: Simon S <email address edited by a Community Manager as noted below>
cc: Rainmaker Leads And Digital Marketing <chris@rainmakerleads.ca>
date: Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 8:26 AM
subject: Google My Business: Ownership Request
mailed-by: us2.mf.mailhostbox.com
signed-by: google.com
encryption: Standard (TLS) Learn more
: Important mainly because of the people in the conversation.

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.