Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

GMB Site Hijacked

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Someone else has hijacked my GMB page. I have gone through all of the 'recovery' and 'contact the current owner' steps over the last 6 weeks. We seemed to be dealing with official google help when after the set amount of time we got no response from the 'current owner'. We then were asked to provide a phone number from the business and the 'google help' person would call to verify. When this person called the wanted 350$ to release the GMB page!  What is going on and how do i fix this? 

business details:

Sherbourne Martial Arts Academy

1959 Mallard Road - Unit 7
London ON N6H 5L8

519 614 1167

google business page is here

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GMB Site Hijacked

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Chris S

the person called you  and wanted 350$ to release your  GMB page is a scammer.

Its not from Google.

Have you recorded this call?

And have you tried to apply the procedure Someone else verified my business already?

If so have you after a week contacted busienss support as explained in the linked procedure Someone else.....?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes i realise it is a scam. the call is not recorded. i went through the entire 'someone else verified my business' process and thats how i got into this mess. I was corresponding with a person named Deependra at email address local-help@google.com. The emails have all legit link to services in Google
here is a capture of one of the emails:
"
Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting Google. In order to release your listing from current account we required to get the authorization from "@smaa-budo-ways.com else need to get verbal authorization over business line +1 519-614-1167. Also please let me know if I may call that number who would be the right point of contact and your name as well.

Doing so will assist us to release your listing from current account

Have a great Day!

Sincerely,
Deependra

Google Inc. | The Google My Business Team | business.google.com
We're here to help Request Callback Request Callback Email Email Ask Experts Ask Experts Help Centre Help Center

"
obviously their are images and formatting that i can't paste here. we went back and forth for weeks going through the 'contacting current owner' process and then finally someone called my client at his business number and wanted money. I am suspecting that the email correspondence i have been doing is legit but somehow the person that has hijacked the site knew enough to call? i guess he would be getting contacted by google to say someone (me ) says they are not the legit owner and I am requesting access to the page. Then hijacker knows to call the business line and ask for money. Looks like i have just talked myself through what is going on! Now how do i fix it?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
do you have a case ID from Deependra at email address local-help -at-
google-dot- com
Should be in the topic of Deependra's mail?

I'm prepared to forward all the details and mail traffic of your issue
to our communication manager based on such a case ID.

If yo like you can contact me offline the forum through this form after
reading it's disclaimer:
http://goo.gl/ornqS8

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks helmut. i filled out the form to talk to you offline. the emails do not have a case id. the title os just Google My Business: Ownership Request.

the header slip is :

to: Simon S <email address edited by a Community Manager as noted below>
cc: Rainmaker Leads And Digital Marketing <chris@rainmakerleads.ca>
date: Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 8:26 AM
subject: Google My Business: Ownership Request
mailed-by: us2.mf.mailhostbox.com
signed-by: google.com
encryption: Standard (TLS) Learn more
: Important mainly because of the people in the conversation.

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to remove account specifics and/or personal contact information. This is done to protect account security and privacy.