AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

GMB Hijacked by Optilog (lots of them)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read me and answer me.
I work in a marketing web agency and we have a lot of customers that previously did business with a company called Optilog. They created GMBs for customers but wouldn't let them change the website (instead of redirecting to the customer website, it would redirect to theirs) or other informations such as business name. 
They use to refuse the claiming we made through Google of the the GMBs, and after 7 days we would normally acquire the GMB and give the ownership back to our customer.
The problem is that now, they accept it but give us only management access, so we cannot bump them and invite the real owner and they can go back anytime to put their website instead. 
What should we do since it is a repeated issue we have here?

Thank you very much again. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Mathieu P

I'm Helmut Geissler top contributor of this forum and helped in the past not only once other users to get their hijacked listing back.

But I don't like to help users unless I get at least two information:

1# about what hijacked listing is any help requested?

2# who is the user requesting help.

I know your  name from your linked G+ proflle.
But what "marketing agency" are you working for and in what  relationship are the hijacked listings to your marketing agency?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi M. Geissler,

I work for 411.ca (Yellow Pages Group in Canada). Although we managed to find a solution recently.

Thanks sir.