AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Fraudulent request to manage google my business listings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! I suspect someone is trying to claim ownership of my GMB listings. I received a notification that an unknown email address had requested ownership. I can provide the details of that request if needed, but didn't want to post that email address on the public forum. Is there anything we can do to prevent future attempts like this or increase security? 

Also, it looks like they suggested changes on our pages too, our header image and description were removed. Actually, we're not sure if that's related or if that's something that changed w/ the last GMB updates. Is there a way to check revision history? 

Business Name: Trackers Earth

Address: 4617 SE Milwaukie Ave Portland Oregon 97202

Phone: 503-345-3312

Google Maps URL: https://goo.gl/maps/ZyE9uSXTB4u

URL: trackerspdx.com 

Fraudulent request to manage google my business listings

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Jamison T

You can't prevent that type of request, that's a key method for recovering accounts. You can just reject the request if you don't know who it is - no security issue there. 

It's definitely possible that a user suggested those edit to your listing. It's a best practice to log in regularly and make sure your info is correct / up to date. You'll also want to make sure your business information is consistent across any other local listings or citations.