AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Former business still showing at my home address - edits declined

Jon
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Jon
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

A business owned by the previous occupier of my home address is still showing on Google Maps. The premises is now used solely as a private home. I have used the 'suggest edit' facility to mark the business as 'moved' to their correct new address, but each time the edit is declined. I do not receive any email feedback or any chance to provide further information.

The address is in London, United Kingdom. I can't post the full link publically because that would reveal my personal data. I am the registered owner of the house at the Land Registry.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Former business still showing at my home address - edits declined

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jon

do you know the new address of the moved business?

If so then sent me a message via my contact form with a link to the business at your address and the adress where they are moved to.

you can contact me offline the forum through this form after reading it's disclaimer: 
http://goo.gl/ornqS8

Jon
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Jon
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Helmut. I've completed your form. Much appreciated.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jon

got oyur message.

Its bit strange and hard to help you as on the website of the business in question they still list both addresses - yours and the one you told me as their new address.

An other difficult is the fact the listing in question is still a verified question.

What about the phone number as listed with the GMB listing at your address is it your phone or their phone and is this phone still a vaild phone number for them?

Have you tried contacting the business owner to tell him his business listing at your address is outdated and he should update it or mark it as permantly closed?

I figured out btw there are two listing of the  business in question and both are managed by the same email-account  and this account is listed at the right side of the"contact us" page of their website.

So it should be possible for this user ("Emile") to mark the bsuiness in qustion at your address as permantly closed.

Can't you please call the user and asking them to achieve this point at least.

Give it a try and give then  here (or via my form) a feedback how it goes and how they react on your request.

Jon
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Jon
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut

Thanks for looking into this. I will try that but this exposes a flaw in the system. My private home should not be listed as a business address simply because the previous owner has neglected to update it. That is wrong.

The phone number is an old one as I have signed up for a new domestic phone service. I'm not sure if the old one is redirected.

I am quite willing to prove to Google that I am resident there, but it is seemingly impossible to get in touch with them to have that conversation.