AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Forgot Google Account linked to my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am moving locations and need to login to update my address, however, when I set up my account a few years ago and for some reason, (I have no idea what I was thinking) I set up a new gmail email account to set it up and I have no idea what that email address is. 

I've read through: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Verification/Forgot-Google-Account-linked-to-my-business/m... and cant find any way for me to recover the account? 

When I follow the instructions on this page: https://support.google.com/accounts/troubleshooter/2402620?from=cuf and choose "You forgot your username or the email address you use to sign in." it does not recognize my name or phone number (either my personal cell or business) so I am totally stumped at what to do? 

I dont mind waiting for a post card or something to be mailed out but I'd like to get access to it so I can update the address before I move. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

never mind the forgotten account!

Apply instead  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for replying, I already tried that as well. Maybe I am doing something wrong but when I click and fill in my business details and hit continue it says: 

Someone else has already verified this listing
This listing has already been verified by st…@gmail.com.

The options are "request ownership" which doesnt help because I dont remember the full email address I set up to log in and give myself access. 

Re: Forgot Google Account linked to my business

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

sorry @Max C

But you are giving up to early.

The linked procedure would even work for me or anyone else supposed the person behing "st...@gmail.com" would be dead or would be alive but not responding.

So go ahead and apply the linked procedure.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Helmut Geissler, just to make sure I am doing this correctly. It seems like I need to wait 7 days before I can move forward right. 

1. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, you'll be able to verify your affiliation with the business to gain access to the listing. 

Since I dont have access to st…@gmail.com and I see no other options at this point I am assuming if I come back after 7 days, there will be a new option that currently is not available

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

you got it @Max C