AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Flag user suggested website on Google business listing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@TomW

Hi Tom,

You helped me to get my GMB page back, but these people from BeyondMenu.com are really relentless...

Now when you google my business, you can see the fraud website listed because 'a user suggested it' - I tried to flag it, but couldn't find a way (the info on my GMB page is correct, but that website suggestion is more prominent and visible) - and every day that goes by with that wrong info is a potential scam waiting to happen.

I understand any user can suggest a new website to a google listing, but this 'freshfromhellnyc.com' is a fraud; unfortunately it could be easily mistaken even by people reviewing it at Google, and I need to let them know. That suggestion in orange type has been there for a week now.

Could you advice how to report that that website in the google search is a scam to steal credit cards, using illegally our name and imagery?

Thanks so much for your help!

Gabriel

Fresh from hell

326 W 47th street

212 9564355

www.freshfromhell.com (this is the only true website for this business)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fresh+from+hell/@40.7608319,-73.9889821,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
September

Re: Flag user suggested website on Google business listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Gabriel F

It is possible to flag a suggested edit from within the "Check the facts" area of Local Guides in maps.

The website suggestion is no longer present on your listing but I do see a category suggestion of "Asian Restaurant" when I go to your listing in "check the facts" on my phone, so I will use it as an example. If I wanted to flag this suggestion to report abuse, I would click on the flag icon:

ff1.png

Then select "This edit contains advertising or misinformation":

ffh2.png

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
September

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Gabriel F

It is possible to flag a suggested edit from within the "Check the facts" area of Local Guides in maps.

The website suggestion is no longer present on your listing but I do see a category suggestion of "Asian Restaurant" when I go to your listing in "check the facts" on my phone, so I will use it as an example. If I wanted to flag this suggestion to report abuse, I would click on the flag icon:

ff1.png

Then select "This edit contains advertising or misinformation":

ffh2.png

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you @TomW

You are absolutely correct - they're trying to change our category as well. I'll follow your instructions and flag it.

Unbelievably, they are still trying to verify our business...

They should not be allowed to go through the call verification, that's the problem: had I not been there the other day and clarified, they would have hacked us again. It was a simple question from a Google rep ("is your business located...") and any of my employees would have just said yes.

Is there anyway to stop these tricky verification calls, since we are already verified?

For the record, the person trying to always steal our page goes under the name of Kevin Chen Walker (from beyondmenu.com), and he uses emails starting with awalker(random numbers here)@gmail.com (he used in the past awalker52463@gmail.com)

I went to the police yesterday to report the fake website they set up, redirecting the online orders.

The fraudulent site is registered with Kydia - the company that owns Beyondmenu.com.

Thanks so much,

Gabriel

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Gabriel F

I flagged the website suggestion a few days ago and have it seen it come back. There is still one for a suggested category. But let me know if see the suggested edit for the website appears url again. I'll try to keep an eye on it too.

The phone call you mentioned doesn't sound like a hijack attempt but I'm not sure. Google is at least aware of BeyondMenu and the tactics they have been using to hijack listings. Unfortunately it's still going on but hopefully they're working on a solution. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you @TomW

It looks like for now all categories and links are good - appreciate your help.

Of course please keep me posted in any development with the google/beyondmenu story.

I went to a lawyer to discuss legal action, especially for the knock-off website that is still up, stealing our online customers; it's just very expensive.

if Google could find a way to blacklist these bad people, it would be great for everybody. Hate the anxiety every time I open my GMB page, for the fear that it could have been stolen again...

Thanks for everything,

Gabriel