AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Finding Duplicate Location

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I recently verified a business and I'm getting this message when I log in
Duplicate location
This location is a duplicate of a location that's already on Google.

When I click on "Learn More" it's indicated that this business has already been verified so there are two verified locations. I'm advised to contact the owner, but I'm not sure who that is.
There's a "Request Access" option, but that seems to just refresh the page. Is this sending an email request to the owner of the other listing?
When I search for the business name, I'm only seeing one listing.  This is the case with google search and google maps. This seems to be the old listing. What's the next step? When I verified the new listing I didn't realize the old one was verified.  This is my first experience with Google My Business. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry I know this doesn't help, but to tag onto this post, I am in the exact same situation, I don't know who the owner of the duplicate listing is and pressing request access just refreshes the page. I would also like some advise on this! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mathew, I did find this.  https://moz.com/blog/delete-gmb-listing Take a look if you haven't seen it already.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the exact same problem accompanied by piss-poor service who read their script but can't help me.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have experienced this issue before. You need to gain ownership of the old listing (request ownership) wait the 7 days for the owner of that listing to reply or not. If they don't, GMB will allow you to take ownership of the old listing. Then you have to call to have the old and new merged together. 

"Request Access" should take you to a page where you can input your intention (take ownership or request management access) and add in your contact info to be passed along to the existing owner. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

pressing request just refreshes the page.