AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Files are Gone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys. Recently my Chromebook was Power washed by a friend that wanted to annoy me and just pressed random buttons or something. I had to do everything the same as when I first got my Chromebook. My other friend luckily got my Google Drive files back, but nothing else(downloads, customized stuff etc). A while later I figured to sync my Chromebook and I got my older account back. Now here's the problem. Everything eventually came back, except for one thing. My Files. All my work was in the google drive but not the Files. The Files was literally blank. It looked like it was half loaded. I couldn't do anything with it at all. Files being broken is really inconvenient, and I also need my downloads back. I've read some other articles saying that in a situation like this downloads would probably be gone for good. All I would like is my whole Files up and running again. If I left out any needed info, please inform me. Thanks guys.   

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Files are Gone

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Zeca N,

Sorry to hear of your journey so far. 

Please note that this is not the forum for the help you need. Please visit the Chromebook forums, which will be versed in such incidents. 

Kind Regards,

James

Files are Gone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh, my bad. Thanks for telling me.