AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Ex-employee has control of google business listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

An ex-employee originally claimed our business listing when he was employed with us.  He left recently and now we do not have access to our listing.  Can you contact us and allow us to manage the listing? 

Crossfire Pest Control

1600 San Pablo Ave
Oakland, CA 94612

510-695-9857

https://www.google.com/maps/place/CrossFire+Pest+Control/@37.8064311,-122.2741422,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!...

www.crossfirepestcontrol.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gene C
April

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Gene,

I went through this same process for a business, and was told to do the following. It worked for us, so I hope it does for you too! 

1. Log in to the account you wish to gain ownership of the listing (I would suggest using an account with the same domain as your company "@YourCompanyName.com")

2. Add a Location using the + button towards the bottom right of the screen. Start typing in your business name into the fields.

3. Eventually, it will tell you that this location already exists and asks if you'd like to request ownership. You'll want to say yes to this (make sure you request ownership and not manager access)

4. Google will send a request to the current owner (your ex employee) and as long as he doesn't reply, you can go back to the confirmation e-mail after 7 days and get access to your listing. You may need to reverify after gaining ownership access, but that's a straightforward process. 

Best case scenario, you can call him and ask him to manually transfer access of your listing to your new account. I wouldn't advise giving anyone else besides that one account ownership access, and make sure that account doesn't belong to just one individual. 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gene C
April

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Gene,

I went through this same process for a business, and was told to do the following. It worked for us, so I hope it does for you too! 

1. Log in to the account you wish to gain ownership of the listing (I would suggest using an account with the same domain as your company "@YourCompanyName.com")

2. Add a Location using the + button towards the bottom right of the screen. Start typing in your business name into the fields.

3. Eventually, it will tell you that this location already exists and asks if you'd like to request ownership. You'll want to say yes to this (make sure you request ownership and not manager access)

4. Google will send a request to the current owner (your ex employee) and as long as he doesn't reply, you can go back to the confirmation e-mail after 7 days and get access to your listing. You may need to reverify after gaining ownership access, but that's a straightforward process. 

Best case scenario, you can call him and ask him to manually transfer access of your listing to your new account. I wouldn't advise giving anyone else besides that one account ownership access, and make sure that account doesn't belong to just one individual. 

Hope this helps! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Markella!  I did it and hopefully we can regain control of our business page!