Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Ex-Employee calimed Google My Business account and is not available to release

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

We need to claim ownership to our Google Business page "Insignia of Towne Lake" but the current owner is an old employee that we simply cannot contact. Our company President has admin rights but cannot transfer ownership or remove the ex-employee as owner. 

Please help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Ex-Employee calimed Google My Business account and is not available to release

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Carolina O, for this scenario you will want to check out the process outlined here - https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

Request access

You can contact the current listing owner through Google My Business to request access to own or manage the listing. 

Note: This process may take several weeks, and only the current listing owner can add you as a listing manager or transfer ownership of the listing to you. 

To request access from the current listing owner:

1. Navigate to Google My Business
  2. Sign in to Google with the account you use to manage your business. 
  3. Enter the name or address of your business, then select it from the search results.
    1. You may see a dialog showing part of the email address that verified the listing. If you manage this email address, sign in to that account to access your business listing. 
  4. Fill out the form. The current listing owner may need to contact you for more info, so you won’t be able to submit your request without sharing your contact details with them.
  5. Click Submit
  6. The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email. Check on the status of your request by clicking the link in your confirmation email. 
  7. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, click the link in your confirmation email and follow the instructions to request additional support.

You can also attempt to contact the current owner directly using the contact information in their business listing. Include instructions to add you as a listing manager or transfer ownership of the listing to you.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky