3.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Ex-Employee Who is Suing My Client has "Ownership" of Client's G+ Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client needs to gain ownership of a G+ Page that I am also a Page Manager of.

The G+ Page is currently owned by a fired employee who is now suing my client.

Due to the lawsuit, we cannot contact the ex-employee to have ownership transferred to us.

We were instructed by your outsourced Google My Business support team to re-verify the Google My Business listing, which we have done, but the Google My Business page we now have control of is tied to an empty G+ Page.

How can my client and I gain control, or delete the G+ Page that is currently owned by the fired employee who is pursuing legal action against my client?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ex-Employee Who is Suing My Client has "Ownership" of Client's G+ Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@John H You can request an ownership transfer through Google. Here's the relevant help center document - https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671 

Can't contact the current listing owner

You can also contact the current listing owner through Google My Business. 

Note: This process may take several weeks, and only the current listing owner can add you as a listing manager or transfer ownership of the listing to you. 

Follow these steps to create a message to the current listing owner:

1. Navigate to Google My Business
  2. Sign in to Google using the account you use to manage your business. 
  3. Search for your business using its name and address.
  4. Enter the name or address of your business and select your business from the drop-down menu.
  5. When you choose your business, you’ll see a dialogue box letting you know that someone else has verified the business. Click Request Admin Rights.
    • Click Report a problem if you want to update this listing’s information on Google, such as an incorrect street address or phone number. 
  6. Fill out the form. You have the option to include a message to the current owner to contact you directly with questions. Include:
    • Who you are
    • How you are related to the business
    • Why you need to manage the listing
    • Where they can get more information
    • What you need them to do
    • How they can contact you 
  7. The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, contact support by replying to the confirmation email. 
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Colan,

I am in a similar situation to @john H. Unfortunately, I am worried that requesting the ownership transfer is considered contact with that person, which is sensitive when there is an ongoing lawsuit.

I'm also worried that requesting to transfer ownership may also prompt the old employee to make edits or completely block me from the listing.

Is there another way to get ownership without having to be in contact with the current listing owner?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Currently that is the only way to go about it.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi John,

What did you end up doing in this situation? I'm curious because I have a similar situation with a client.