My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Everett Street Guesthouse, 2306 NE Everett St., Portland, OR. 97232 www.everettstreetguesthouse.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Get error message when trying my link from google.  Works if I just put in my address in an address line, but not from google.  This is preventing my customers from getting to me!  What's up? Error message 404

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Everett Street Guesthouse, 2306 NE Everett St., Portland, OR. 97232 www.everettstreetguesthouse

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @terry r

Seems fine to me : https://plus.google.com/101424207707040843738/about

However your website is not found.

You should contact whomever hosts your website.

screencapture (76).png

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author terry r
April 2016

Re: Everett Street Guesthouse, 2306 NE Everett St., Portland, OR. 97232 www.everettstreetguesthouse

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @terry r

Update:  I just refreshed the page and site is up again.

Please note I did not go through your business page, I went direct via the Url you had in the message.

You should still contact your host.

I also noticed the Link you have in your busienss page goes to : http://www.everettstreetguesthouse.com/

But your website is displayed on http://everettstreetguesthouse.com/

without, the www.  , normally a site should have redirected wither non www to www or vice a versa. However your site does not have this implemented.

Again contact your host or web developer

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, actually did what you said and contacted my host who said he found a file that was strange in the website and disabled it, not sure what it was or did, but since he disabled it, everything works fine. Thanks for your advice. I have a new problem which perhaps you can also help with. I have a new computer I only use when I'm traveling, only had it for 2 weeks. I couldn't get google chrome to pull up, so finally removed it (also hard to do, didn't do it right away) and then re installed it and still won't pull up. I went back to where I purchased the computer, and he did all the same things, removing it and reinstalling it, installed ok, but doesn't pull up. He thinks there's a current problem with the latest version of google chrome and said to wait a few days. It has windows 10. Any ideas? Thanks.