AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Error? "You are unable to invite additional users as this Brand Account has been blocked."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

A client of mine manages their listings in a GMB account set up with an @gmail.com email address. Someone else has claimed one of their restaurants' listings, so they tried to request ownership and received this error message: "You are unable to invite additional users as this Brand Account has been blocked."  

Does this mean their @gmail.com GMB account is blocked from requesting ownership of this specific restaurant listing, or that their @gmail.com GMB account is blocked from managing any listings? 

Thanks for any advice! We've never encountered this error message before and we're finding mixed responses in other forum posts.

Error? "You are unable to invite additional users as this Brand Account has been blocked."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I just found your post. I'm having a similar problem. I just wondered if you ever got an answer somewhere else?

;-)

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't :( Sorry!