1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Error Transferring Ownership of Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For the last six or so months, I have struggled to successfully transfer ownership of a business listing that originated under the ownership of a domain which I no longer use, but subsequently evolved parallel to a business that underwent massive changes over a short period of time (including name, website, and even client list changes). I still have access to the account, and have been in contact with a member of Google Tech Support for ages... I've stumped them. I am so frustrated with this whole process. I've been a tech enthusiast since as far back as I can remember... I am 26 years old and would consider myself more sophisticated than most in this field... this, however, has me absolutely stumped. I've included some screenshots which hopefully illustrate some aspects of this error... Please no recommendations to, 'try a different way' or something silly. I have sank far too many days and nights into this hopeless waste of time...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Error Transferring Ownership of Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andrew, never seen this issue before. I will ask around.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Andrew, can you provide me with the URL of the Google+ page so we can take a look at the back end. Thanks!
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I wasted another several hours this week alone in walk-thru's with google my business support team... they always think they know what to do... then... IT NEVER WORKS! It's just so frustrating at this point. I am smart and know how all this stuff works... I know how to transfer ownership... but, for some reason (maybe because I need to repurchase google apps or something for the old account?) nothing works and tech support just wastes my time. I'm not normally easily frustrated, but this has been such an ordeal. I just didn't want to delete and recreate listing (and re-establish connections and posts etc.).. but, at this point I might try that... I think I will if I don't figure it out in the next few days or something.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for looking into this, Colan.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I added an album of images that may help show you what is going on.

**Sorry I keep replying to you in separate messages... I hope you are not getting all these in separate email notifications... if so, I apologize!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Were you ever able to find a solution to this issue?

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@andrewjsantucci Apologies for the delay. The URL you linked to leads to an unverified "ghost" page (not connected to Google Maps). It's not connected to maps and there would be no way to transfer ownership of that page. Can you provide a screenshot of what the page looks like in your dashboard?

I did find another unverified page (connected to Google Maps) - https://plus.google.com/110980491422767306638/about Since this is an unverified/unclaimed page, you can start the process of claiming it into the new account - https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en 

I'm also asking Google for some more insight on this.