AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Editing a listing that I own but don't remember the log-in details to

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Someone set up a business page for me some years ago.  It needs editing but I don't remember who set it up or what the log-in details are for it.  How can I find this out and regain ownership?  I thought it might be connected to my gmail account but it doesn't appear to be.  Could someone help please?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Need some more info. Do you have a G Maps link you can share?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is the link that comes up when you search on google for the business

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Real+Coaching+Co/@51.5162139,-0.3234066,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I could only get this partial email address of the current owner. Maybe it will help. re…@….

Otherwise, you may need to go through the request ownership process. This is best done using a domain based email address.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I probably know what has happened. This will have been done by my previous assistant who left some time ago and that email address no longer exists as her domain expired when she went onto new things.  So how will that work if that email address no longer exists?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You'll need to go through the request ownership process I mentioned earlier. Again, best done with a domain based email.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, I've tried that. Although it didn't give me the opportunity to put in a domain based email, it just took this gmail address that I don't use for business but am logged in with here.  I'll hope to hear from them in the next 7 days, thanks for your help.