AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicates at the same address and not showing by post code search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. GT Factors Ltd.

2. 22A Hawthorn Road,  Eastbourne, East Sussex BN23 6QA

3. 01323 728 626

4. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/GT+Factors+Ltd/@50.791228,0.2970063,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s...

5. https://gtf.eu

We have been struggling for some time to get to the bottom of why our business does not show on Google Maps when searching by postcode.  The company shows up ok if you do a search by the company name.  However, we have had people try and use sat nav on their phone to find us and we just don't show up.

We have spoken to Google on a couple of occasions, but had very little help - almost to the point of rudeness.  They have basically advised we optimise the listing and get more reviews, but will give no further advice.

We have since used Moz Local to search for the listing, and can see our business verified at the same address with two slightly different spellings - GT Factors and G T Factors.  There is also a third unverified entry at the address.  Could this be affecting our listing?

Our sister company Euroweb, at the address next door has even more listings at the address - six in total, although only one actually verified.

Please advise

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm not quite sure what you refer to as "we have had people try and use sat nav on their phone to find us and we just don't show up".

Does it mean you are expecying a place label?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes that's basically it. 

If you search maps by our postcode you see all of the other neighbouring businesses except our two

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The multiple locations has been an issue I have had with several clients. As a result of the multiple companies at that one address (including ones that have moved) Google places almost automatically, but does not delete old accounts or different locations. So it depends on the businesses who may not even know they are listed to change. The change process is highly tedious, but ultimately requires the business that has moved to verify and change. This goes if you move your business as well. So my question to you is how new is this location and/or is it the first? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The main account has been there for some years (both GTF and Euroweb) and been at the same address the whole time.  However, the company has used a variety of SEOs in past who may well have set these other accounts up.