2.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicated business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I´ve been working with a client for some time, and I created a business page for him about a year ago, which was never verified.

Turns out, now when I google the business´s name, on the right ir appears a location, with exterior and maps pic, but no aditional info, so the page I created is not been linked with the search; but instead shows the same business but only as a mention (?)

Now, I´ve solicited, yet again, the verification code for the page I created.

My question is, how can I get google to show my page on the results on the right instead of this other incomplete information; and will the verification merge this two.

Thanks.

Ps: It´s my understanding google is indexing every business even if it is not created as a page, it is not?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duplicated business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Alcama S

you understanding is correct:

business will shown up even in case there isn't a verified page yet.

To answer your other part of the query I need  the details of the business in question please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Helmut.

The business is Elijo Viajar, Charcas 4098, in Argentina. The page I created is https://plus.google.com/b/104014383601258806118/+ElijoviajarTurAr/about?gmbpt=true&hl=es

I already solicited another verification pin. Once it´s verified will my page show on the results?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Alcama S 

I already solicited another verification pin. Once it´s verified will my page show on the results?

I hope so but am not sure.

Since I see on your not yet verified page information like two phone numbers a website and opening hours I suspect you did not claim the existent listing through a link like "Claim this business" as per this GMaps link - but you should have done this instead just creating a new instance.

Claiming the existent listing would result in a slightly different G+ page like 

https://plus.google.com/108860882984883265768

And as you see it doesn't yet contain any phone or website infos.

How did you create your page https://plus.google.com/+ElijoviajarTurAr?

Did you create it through GoogleMyBusiness?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The page I created through business was created before this other page spread up.

I did the following: I took ownership of this page and deleted it, at the same time asked for another verification pin on the page I created. Should that fail I guess I´ll take ownership and make it the official.

Thank you for your assistance, hope Google gets this in order, as it is a recurring problem.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alcama S
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
getting ownership of a listing and then deleteing it will nothing do except
to make the listing enverified again.
Local listings can't deleted. Can marked as closed only

Duplicated business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had the most frustrating time getting help verifying my Google+ listing. Ive done just about everything possible. It appears that there is a duplicate listing out there that I have verified as being mine and a current listing that I am trying to verify. I talked to a google tech who walked me through these tedious crazy steps and still nothing. Sitting around now for 3 weeks trying to remove the old listing and getting the new one approved under one account. HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHelp!

PostNet NV180
35 E. Horizon Ridge Pkwy #110, Henderson, NV 89002
(702) 369-5596
www.postnet.com/nv180

Duplicated business

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

YOu provided  one  listing only 

Is htis the old or new one and which one is missing above?