Duplicate listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I run a number of businesses from the same location they are

MacAssist

FixMyBrokenMac

FixMyBrokenPhone

the last one isn't working, it is not being displayed as it says it is a duplicate. How do I resolve this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duplicate listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Will

if these businesses are all being run from your home then you're probably using the same phone number for them all yes? In that case Google is probably looking at them and thinking they are all services offered by one business entity so she's starting to mark the other pages as duplicates.

Until you set up a different phone number (at least) for the businesses that won't change.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, they are all run from a retail unit and have different telephone
numbers (Skype geographical numbers)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Ok in that case can you provide the telephone number and general location of the business that's been marked as a duplicate?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hey Will,

You may see those as different companies for marketing purposes, but I think those services, categories and names are all too close. Even with different numbers Google would likely see them as the same business using 3 different names for different services.

Your phone listing says: "FixMyBrokenPhone is a company under the MacAssist umbrella" and one of your sites says MacAssist is being rebranded to FixMyBrokenMac. So different brands not companies.

It's like a remodeling contractor setting up a listing for kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling and deck reconstruction. He's a contractor that offers 3 different services - not 3 different businesses.

Only one listing per location is allowed. So I think that's why one was marked a dupe. I'm surprised the other wasn't as well.

Here is the pertinent guideline: https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en&ref_topic=4540086

"Do not create more than one page for each location of your business, either in a single account or multiple accounts."

This is my take on it anyway.