AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate business entry on google maps and the second is incorrect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Nine Yards Brewing Company

2. 7324 NE 175th St, Ste A, Kenmore, Washington 98028

3. (206) 693-2333

4. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Nine+Yards+Brewing/@47.7565334,-122.2422363,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x... and https://www.google.com/maps/place/9+Yards+Brewing,/@47.7425035,-122.3153997,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m...

5. N/A

I have another entry into google maps (second link in 4. above) that is completely false.  My business "Nine Yards Brewing" is perfect in google maps, but there is another entry "9 Yards Brewing" which is put in the middle of a park over 10 miles away.  I have reason to believe that a disgruntled customer is trying to create confusion and made this one up.  It has no phone number, hours or website associated to it.  There is no physical building where the pin is and I can't fully claim it because the verification will go to an address that doesn't have a building.  How do I get this removed and assure "9 Yards Brewing" remains associated with "Nine Yards Brewing?"

Duplicate business entry on google maps and the second is incorrect

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you marked it as "Moved, closed, or was never here"?  You can do this by clicking Suggest an edit (make sure you're signed into your Google Account), and then click on the Yes for the Place is permanently closed or has never existed then mark the reason I would suggest Never Existed, and then wait on that for a few days.  It might even help to get a few other friends/family to do the same.

Re: Duplicate business entry on google maps and the second is incorrect

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for the answering. I have done this and asked others to
as well. Unfortunately it has not resolved after a few days. I am
disappointed that Google doesn't have a stronger preference to reject
entries in the middle of nowhere or at least move those the top of the
"prove it or delete pile." I will keep an eye out and thank you.

Ethan

Re: Duplicate business entry on google maps and the second is incorrect

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I as well, marked it as never existing, and I just checked for it, and could not find the listing...