5.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate and mismatched Youtube and Google Plus accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there, I am working with a company which has a duplicate Google Plus account and a duplicate Youtube account. The issue is that only one of the youtube accounts is active, and only one Google Plus company accounts. And you've guessed it, the active Youtube account is matched to the inactive Google Plus account. I am trying to merge them so that you have the active Google Plus account matched to the active Youtube page.

Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 11.46.08.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 11.48.01.png

So the Youtube account with 41 subscribers (and which contains videos) is matched to the Google Plus account with no followers or content, and the Youtube account with no subscribers (and content) is matched to the Google Plus account with 6 subscribers and a lot of content.

Does anyone have experience with merging the two? Any help is highly appreciated.

Best,
Thom

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thom E
January 2016

Re: Duplicate and mismatched Youtube and Google Plus accounts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Thom E

This is a slightly more complicated YouTube question than we usually get here, and although I think I know the answer, I'm hesitant to provide it in case it all goes wrong!

have you asked this question in the YouTube product forum at all? I'd think they would be better able to answer this than us - particularly regarding getting rid of the inactive YouTube channel.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I haven't, but I will post the question there. Thanks Priya!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thom - were you ever able to figure this out? I think I'm working to do the same thing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Christopher, I haven't unfortunately. It was pushed back as a priority, so haven't been actively searching for a while now.