3.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate addresses and disabled google+ page-

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I have been sent here from the G+ help community....

https://plus.google.com/communities/115758385206378551362

Calle de la Laguneta, Grazalema, ES

697 30 89 85 (Spain 0044)

G+ URL's are below...

I run multiple web sites from my home office and each of my websites also have a gplus page There is an issue on my gplus pages because they have  been flagged as "duplicate addresses"... One of my pages has also been disabled because of this issue....I have spoken today on the phone with a Google representative and it seems that only one address for one page is the policy... The only advice I was given is to delete my existing pages and create "brands"... Surely this is not the case?

I have 4 websites with G+ pages.... Caminito del rey has changed to a brand and I didnt do it..... Wildside holidays and Ronda tourism are flagged as duplicate addresses and Sierra de Grazalema has been disabled.... The phone help earlier wasn't that much help really as he just said that it breaks policies to have more than one page with the same address.... But, surely I am not the only person in the world with 4 websites run from my office address?

https://plus.google.com/b/100377341884195893754/+CaminodelreyEsElchorro/posts

https://plus.google.com/b/107562073031845233655/+RondaTourismGrazalema/posts

https://plus.google.com/b/107037384608891420761/+ParqueNaturalSierradeGrazalema/posts

https://plus.google.com/b/101710057723131497988/+Wildsideholidays/posts

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duplicate addresses and disabled google+ page-

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Clive M

It s pretty simple:

Whilst yo can have as much websites as you like and also can have as much brand pages as you like oyu can't have for one business several local business pages of GoogleMyBusiness at the same address (in your case "Calle dela Laguneta 11610 Grazalema") and the same phone number  (in your case "+34 697 30 89 85")

This is considered by GoogleMyBusiness as spam.

I btw bet you will pay just ONE tax bill for your ONE business not for FOUR  "websites"  - am I right?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut....
If this is the case, why were the pages I created years ago for each of my websites allowed to be created in the first place? This I don't understand.... I am assuming that the one page for one address/phone is a policy change since I created the pages...

For your information Helmut, I am a legal resident in Spain and a self employed "autonomo" registered with the tax authorities here in Spain.... My self employed status is acounted as "photographic and web services".... All my income stream from all my websites is declared in my yearly tax return....

My address as you stated is my office where I am based and work from....

Re: Duplicate addresses and disabled google page-

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I can't speak about what and why what was possible in the past.
Now and according all of my experiences business pages are now not related
ot tied to websites but to Name, Address and Phone.
Two of them being identically are triggering the spam algos of
GoogleMyBusiness - mostly already an identical phone number will trigger
them.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems to me this has happened because of the "business" and "brand" selection when I created the pages...... I suppose I should have selected brand but as I am a business and not a rock star or manufacturer of flavoured drinks or icecreams I selected local business...
I think then that I need to switch my pages from local business to brand but looking in my admin for the pages I see nothing that allows me to do this..... Anyone have an idea or experience of this?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Clive M

You can't switch a local page to a brand page. You will need to delete the local pages from your dashboard and set up new brand pages from scratch unfortunately.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So all the posts and images and links from my pages will be lost? Ouch... Surely there is another way to look at a solution?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Sorry Clive, no. That's the only way.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok I will delete the duplicate address pages but will lose 3 years of posts and work... It seems to me that there needs to be a way to switch to a brand.... Remember that my pages were created and verified by post and nothing was wrong back then at that time.... This is a policy change after ther pages were created surely or G+ wouldn't have verified them in the first place no?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Are you 'repping' for these different packages? I would create one business, your own identity and list these as the packages you offer.