AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate address and someone else claimed the business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1. First American International Bank 2. 40-48 Main St., Flushing, NY 11354 3. 718-358-3888 4. https://goo.gl/maps/WTaT8eVJpw52 5. https://www.faib.com/ I'm the owner of this branch location. I found out last week on My Business that this location was reported as duplicate and someone else claimed this business. So far, no one in the bank knows who claim it, so I assume someone unaffiliated or another business in that same building claimed our branch location. What are some steps to take to reclaim this branch location? And yes, this business is in a shared business building. Thank you.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stephanie,

So sorry you're having this problem. Have you tried requesting access to the listing already? This will be helpful to know so we can better assist.

To request access to a listing:

1. Go to your Google My Business Dashboard and click 'Add a location' (If you are in the classic dashboard there will be a'+' sign at the bottom right corner of your screen. Click this.)

2. Fill out your business information exactly as you see it on the claimed listing. Google will ask you if you are referring to the already claimed listing. Click yes and continue.

(Note: You will get an email hint of who already owns the business. You can ask if anyone recognizes the email and maybe you'll find out who owns it.)

3. Fill out your contact info and relationship to the business, then press submit.

Your request will be passed along to the current owner. To continue the process to claim it, you will have to wait 7 days before you can do so. If the owner of the listing rejects your request, you can appeal it.

Let me know if this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rachel,

I followed your steps to request access but Google picked up my other branch located in the same area, and thinks it is the same address. The other branch is 42-08 Main St, Flushing, NY 11355. Is there a way to get around that?

Re: Duplicate address and someone else claimed the business

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stephanie,

I think your best bet would be to get in touch with Google My Business support. They will be able to help you escalate this issue further.

You can request a call or e-mail from them here.