AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4K members online now
4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Verified Addresses, Listing Suspended, No Support

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a marketer working for a client. I have a Google My Business account with two listings for the same address. These listings both appeared live on Google before I got involved.

I claimed both listings on the client's behalf and have now verified them (around an hour ago) using the codes from the postcards they forwarded to me. It was my intention to merge the listings, but the instructions were not clear, and now one of the listings (the one I wanted to keep because it actually had content and a review) is suspended. I need help resolving my issue, but none of the suggestions I've seen have helped, and none of the ways people have described to get in touch with Google support for Google My Business have worked. The options to send an email or request a phone call simply don't appear for me.

For a company that so evidently wants to be all things and do all things, It is exasperating that Google should make getting support such a headache. Please help.

Business Name: West River Scale / West River Scale Co LLC

Current Business Address: 11920 Sturgis Rd, Summerset, SD 57718

Current Telephone Number (appears in listing/client's business): 605-370-6923

Google Maps URL: http://bit.ly/2uexr8k

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I should note: the listings in question are held under a separate Google account I created and manage on the client's behalf, info@southdakotascales.com.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm in a similar situation as well- I used to reach out to Support to help when I had a duplicate listing crop up.  Now I have one that was verified by someone else, I have it my account and it needs to be merged but I have no one to reach out to merge it.

Have you tried contacting them through their Twitter account? If you DM @GoogleMyBiz and explain the issue, they can help as well.  However, I messaged them on the 17th of this month and have not had a response yet.  Hope that helps!

Re: Duplicate Verified Addresses, Listing Suspended, No Support

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Matt L I would follow the advice provided by @Lillian W and reach out to the GMB team via twitter. They should be able to take care of your issue.

@Lillian W - if you haven't back from them by Monday start a new thread on the forum and tag me and I'll see if I can help.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.