Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Listing - Request Access

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client has asked that I update their address and photos on their GMB listing. We thought they had access to the listing, but we are getting errors that claim that this listing is a duplicate. I have requested access to the correct listing multiple times, but the accounts have yet to merge or transfer. I have considered deleting the listing that I have access to but worried it will cause more problems. I was curious if anyone had any advice for these situations.

Company Name: DK Heating & Sons Inc.

email that has 'duplicate' listing: dkheating@gmail.com

The listing URL that we are trying to update: DK Heating & Sons

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Deleting the duplicate won't be an issue. Your best bet is to try and gain access using a company email address. Have your client create GMB@domain name and try and claim access that way.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So the issue is related to the email we're using to try to request access?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Not sure, how long ago did you request access? Sometimes, you can speed up the process or not get denied when you use an email address from the domain in question. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've sent requests multiple times for the last two weeks and nothing has changed. This is a small business client and they do not have an email with the domain. Just a personalized gmail address.

Are there any known bugs with GMB or any roadblocks that can come with duplicate listings?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

The hosting provider will able to create an email account for this purpose. The owner of the business is the owner of the domain, so they can get it set up. When you requested access, you should have received an email conformation, try replying to the email to ask for a status update on the request to see there is a reply.