Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Listing Problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

Here's hoping someone can help me. I created a page for my business, and verified it, and then was informed by google that it had been flagged as a duplicate. Unfortunately, nobody at the business now seems to know who set it up originally, or what credentials were used, BUT google says the original was definitely verified.

I've filled out the form to claim manager status, and I've emailed google about this, but is there anything else I can do to try and get the first page taken down? I wouldn't normally be concerned too much, but the old information says that we our closed on a Saturday which is not only our busiest trading day, but we have always been open on a saturday, so nobody is really sure how that came about.

I'm not sure the claiming manager status is going to work, as I don't know which email address is being notified about the claim; it certainly hasn't come through on our main business email, anyway. The only one I can think it could be linked to is the personal address of one of the old owners, who is now retired and ill.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. If it helps, the original business listing is called The UK Carpet Syndicate LTD, and the new one is UK Carpets & Curtains.

Thanks a lot,

Nikki

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Duplicate Listing Problem

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
If it has been more than a week since you have tried to claim the page by generating an email to the original "owner," you should refer to the following page, and contact Google directly in order to elevate the case. https://support.google.com/business/#contact=1&topic=4539639

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
If it has been more than a week since you have tried to claim the page by generating an email to the original "owner," you should refer to the following page, and contact Google directly in order to elevate the case. https://support.google.com/business/#contact=1&topic=4539639

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Nikki, so this is the old page? - https://plus.google.com/116224288835625228963/about

Is the page that you are trying to create a different business than that one? Same address and phone number?

ie., what's the relationship between the page I linked to and the one that you attempted to create?

Thanks
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

Yes, that is the old one. The new one is here; https://plus.google.com/b/105800710268805907314/105800710268805907314/about?gmbpt=true&pageId=105800...

(no idea if that will work; I'm very new to google+! )

It is technically the same business, however since the old page was made it has been revamped. The UK Carpet Syndicate LTD is the umbrella company of UK Carpets and Curtains, which is now our trading name. The address and phone number are the same, but the website is different, and I intend to man this new page as a potential social media platform.

Thanks.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

It looks like Google flagged it because of the similar name and exact same address and phone number. It will most likely continue to happen. I would contact Google support as Gerry suggested and try to get control of the original page and manage that one.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky