4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Google brand pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I need help. I created a Google+ Brand page for a client but found out there was already one present and verified as local business.

How can I remove the old brand page and connect the new brand page to the existing local business?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Duplicate Google brand pages

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Let me get this straight:

The client already has a verified Google My Business page. You've also created a new brand page for the business. So in total, there are 2 pages, and you're asking how to get it so there's only one. Correct? 

You can merge your new brand page with the old verified listing if you like. Instructions are here.

Since you just created a brand new brand page though, presumably with no followers and few posts, you may as well just delete it and get the owner to add you as a manager to the old verified page. That's the important one for SEO and ranking anyway, brand pages are mostly obsolete for small business owners at this stage. 

If the owner can't figure out which account they verified the business under, you'll have to follow these instructions to get control of it again. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Roberto,
Would you please list the brand pages in question?

If the scenario James is describing is accurate, then simply delete the one you just created.
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Somehow a second brand page was created for my business and I can't access my original page now which is the one I would like to edit. Any ideas on how to deal with that?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If it's a brand page, and not a local business page, then you're out of luck. I don't know of any steps that can be taken to reclaim or recover a brand page, unless you know what account it's under. If you really want to regain control of the original brand page, you're going to have to try logging in with any accounts you can think of that you might have created it under. You won't be able to delete the old one either, but it doesn't really matter... brand pages don't show up anywhere in search anyway, other than the Google+ search which isn't really used. 

If you're talking about a Google+ local page though, you'll have to post the name address and phone number so I can take a closer look, hard to say without seeing what's going on.