AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate GMB Listing, No Access to One, Looking to Merge

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My company had a GMB account opened for us by a vendor of ours that was managing our social media. This was years ago and no one has access to that original GMB account. Our company has since opened a new listing, which we do have access to, the problem is the original one has FAR greater reviews and a better star rating. We would like to verify and merge the accounts. Right now, you have no idea which GMB will pop up when someone googles the business. How can I go about proving we don't have access to the old one and then merging the 2 accounts so we do not lose hundreds of reviews?

1. Westbrook Service Corporation 

Original Listing-  https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJbcogHbt754gR039ssDxurKs

Our current listing - https://www.google.com/search?q=westbrook+services&rlz=1C1VFKB_enUS635US644&oq=westbrook+services&aq...

Duplicate GMB Listing, No Access to One, Looking to Merge

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Quinn M

If the listings were created under the same address and you have access to both, you can request GMB support to merge them (sometimes they do that, sometimes they don't). 

So, the first step for would be to get the ownership of the other listing. Google has a pretty detailed page on how do that here. If you don't hear back and don't see the option to claim the listing, you will want to contact Google My Business support via twitter or this form to investigate (you can contact them via other social media channels as well). 

If you gain ownership of the second listing, you can ask Google My Business support if they are able to merge them for you. 

P.S. On as separate note, If you do not service customers at your location, you have a service area business, and need to mark your location as such in GMB to make sure you complaint with Google's TOS.