AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Business Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The business page in question is Mohawk Chimney Sweeping, located at 2009 10 Side Rd, Milton, Ontario, L0P 1J0. The telephone number associated is (905)854-2683 and the Google+ URL is https://business.google.com/b/115541095117542313543/dashboard/l/00653583222209810173. This business was previously owned by my father. Sadly, he passed away over a year ago and it has since been transferred to my ownership. I received the Duplicate Listing Error when attempting to create a new listing for the business with my Google account. I assume the original listing that is causing this error is attached to my fathers email, which unfortunately I do not have access to as he stored his passwords "upstairs". 

I am hoping that either ownership of the listing can be transferred over, or the original listing/account be closed down.  Any information or help you can provide is appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brett L
May 2017

Re: Duplicate Business Listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Brett L you seem asking about this listing Mohawk Chimney Sweeping

Its a verified listing (surely verified by your father at the time)

The normal procedure would be to just request transferred the ownership to you instead to set up a new bsuiness.

I would recommend you to apply the following steps:

1# deleting all pages actuall in oyur dashboard about the chimney business and the address.

This can easy achieved through this link https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts and there to click all relevant pages and then the link "DELETE"

2# apply the procedure "Someone else verified my business" in  order to get full control over the listing your father created before dying 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brett L
May 2017

Re: Duplicate Business Listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Brett L you seem asking about this listing Mohawk Chimney Sweeping

Its a verified listing (surely verified by your father at the time)

The normal procedure would be to just request transferred the ownership to you instead to set up a new bsuiness.

I would recommend you to apply the following steps:

1# deleting all pages actuall in oyur dashboard about the chimney business and the address.

This can easy achieved through this link https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts and there to click all relevant pages and then the link "DELETE"

2# apply the procedure "Someone else verified my business" in  order to get full control over the listing your father created before dying