AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Different GMB home page, same business

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello everyone, hope that you have a beautiful day!

I'm opening this post because I need your help.

This is the situation, I have my website https://pixeledthink.com in which my wife and I manage it, she takes care of the Adwords and I take care of the rest.

What we find strange is that she sees a home page totally different from mine, attach the images.

How can we solve this?

There is a post that I opened, because this topic also involves GA and Adwords.

GA post:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Code_Implementation/pa...

Adwords Post:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Troubleshooting-and-Support/AdWords-not-linked-to-Google-M...

Neither of these is solved, they were marked like this, because I thought I had found the solution, but the problem persists.

Will someone can help us with this, we thank you in advance.

Greetings and thanks.

Valter.

My home page

image.pngMy home page of GMB

My wife home page of GMB

image (1).pngMy wife home page of GMB

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Valter,

The screenshot shows your dashboard, and it looks like one person is the owner and the other person is assigned as another user. The information accessed is the same for each, even if it is arranged slightly different. If click on the Users tab, you should see that both people are not given the precisely same title. If you assigned another person as a user, depending on their permission level assigned... they would/could see less features. You can use this information to learn more about permission levels with Google My Business. Your dashboard is not seen by the public and is merely a place to manage your listing and what each of you see in your private dashboard is not affecting your public listing. 

Please note that your Google Analytics issue does look to be solved correctly, as does your issues related to AdWords Express (although it is not marked as solved). And now you are looking to resolve your Google My Business concerns, which is all great. :)

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello @James_Clemens

Thank you for your reply.

I do not know if I'm wrong, but should not I show the same home page? That is, both users are owners.

My wife can not access GA for example, because her home page doesn't show it, the only way to access it is to copying the url, and that should not be the case.

Even the Adwords are different, she has assigned another Adwords ID, which is different from the business, she does not see the same Adwords that have been published. If she want to create the Adwords of the business or manage them, she must to logon with my account.

On the other hand, how can the home page be rearranged, so that she can see it as I see it? I have no idea and I do not know if it is feasible, I thought that having the same level of permission as a user (both owner) that was already given by the default system.

I'm sure this must be a silly thing to fix, but I do not see the way out of this matter.

Thanks James, I hope I can solve and close this issue to move forward.

Best wishes.

Valter.

Re: Different GMB home page, same business

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Valter,

You are welcome. 

The reason why there were two different AdWords Express accounts is that each person has there own Google account and so each account is properly isolated from one another so that your Google account is your Google account and her Google account is her Google account. If this was not the case, you would share one email address and what one person did on YouTube (and other Google services) the other one would have done it, too. 

This is also why the Google Analytics accounts and data are different for each of you. One is seeing Analytics for AdWords Express A and the other is seeing Analytics for account B. 

Even though you each are owners of the Google My Business listing, one is the actual owner and other is an assigned owner. There are slight differences with the layout is all. Your Google My Business dashboard is not designed to manage anything more than the Google My Business listing. I do not believe there is a way to make the Google My Business dashboard identical 100%. The data is identical for the business (forget AdWords Express for a moment) listing in the Google My Business dashboard... it is merely arranged slightly different. 

AdWords Express is designed to be manged by one person, whereas AdWords is designed to be managed by more than one. However, you can invite an user to access the AdWords Express account. First you need to close out all but one Adwords Express account since you do not want to use more than one account per business/website.  

Take a look at the following:

adwords express add user.jpg

As you can see, there are some complexities you have to consider with adding your wife at this point, since she has already has an AdWords Express account assigned to her. Because of this, it may be easier to use new email address to give her access to the AdWords Express account or consider setting up a AdWords Manger Account

Whichever way you go, you have to tackle each issue with each Google platform uniquely. Google Analytics is unique. Google AdWords Express is unique. And Google My Business is unique.

We have discussed each platform except Google Analytics. Please use this information to add another user to the Google Analytics account. 

Please review and think through what I have presented and let us know what happens and where you are with everything so we can get you totally covered with the help you need. 

If you prefer, you can call AdWords Express Support at 866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST) and have them access the account and assist you. This is toll-free number in the United States for worldwide support. You can also use this interactive web page that allows the country to be changed for a possible more local phone number. 

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @James_Clemens

Excellent post, thank you for such a detail explanation.

I got a few question, since you are saying that every service is unique to every user, and not everybody see the same homepage, even if both are owners, then why she can't see the GA in her home page?

Another question, why she can't see the adwords that already have been done, or at least manage them, because the only option that she gets is creating a new one, but the others created by me don't appear.

And finally, if I toggle her out from the business account, in every level, and then she create a new GMB with the same business, she will be able to see it as I see it myself? It will be a conflict? Will be able to be linked?

Thank you so much James.

Cheers.

Valter.